Jambands.ca

Who is Bob Seger And the Silver Bullet Band??!!?

bouche

wow. These guys come out of nowhere and get to play the Air Canada Centre. Yeesh.

BOB SEGER

AND THE SILVER BULLET BAND

TUESDAY, APRIL 12, 2011

AIR CANADA CENTRE, TORONTO

Fans have waited patiently for the legendary rocker’s imminent return since he last crossed the country for his 2006/2007 Sold Out Face The Promise Tour. And now, in addition to performing timeless classics like “Night Moves” and “Old Time Rock & Roll,” to name just a few, Seger is expected to preview songs from a forthcoming, as yet untitled new release.

Seger holds the distinction in 2010 for the #1 Catalog Album of the Decade for his Greatest Hits, which has sold over nine million copies (U.S.A.) to date, posting an unbroken 16-year streak on Billboard’s Top 200 Albums and Catalog Albums charts. His November 2009 Early Seger Vol. 1 CD, a collection of remastered and previously unreleased tracks, garnered rave reviews and has underscored Seger’s reputation as one of the great American artists and songwriters. Seger & his Silver Bullet Band’s legendary live performances have led to record sales in excess of 50 million including 11 platinum and

seven multi-platinum RIAA-certified album sales awards.

What's the difference between a Bob Seger fan and a Jimmy Buffett fan?

A Hawaiian shirt?

Seriously' date=' Bob Segar fans just seem to be fans of him as part of the pantheon of "Classic Rock" and dig his songs. Whereas I gather Jimmy Buffett fans are Deadhead level fanatics, and I just don't get it.[/quote']

I never really got it either, until a friend dragged me to a Buffett show at the Molson Amphitheatre about ten or twelve years ago. I had an absolute blast, and the crowd was amazing: crazy yet mellow, and everyone was super friendly. Of course, the median age of the crowd was probably about 50, but so what? I also didn't realize that I knew so many Jimmy Buffett songs.

Having said that, I still don't own any of his music and don't envision myself sitting around the house listening to him at any point in the near future. But if Jimmy Buffett were coming to a venue close to me and tickets didn't cost a small fortune, I would certainly consider attending.