Jambands.ca

Come Together Music Festival This weekend!

Jay Funk Dawg

from Mark Wilson...

Hey everybody..here is an updated band list...there will still be a few more acts added

poste...tickets will be ready for first week of april..I will be announcing some pre show and ticket deals next week as well

website with links to band pages will be updated for first weel of April..lets make this a wicked festival

House of David Gang

The Stogies

Revolvers

The Ascot Royals

Paddy Townsend Band

Folk Hero's From Outer Space

The Allnighters

Superstack

Muststashat

Mark Wilson & The way it is

Blind Mule

The Dirk Quinn Band

The Ascot Royals

Sean Lesage& The Boogie Union

Subterranean Collective

Snack

Daze Of You

Planes and Trains

Steven Elmo Murphy Band

Gruve

Snow Heel Slim & The boogie Infection

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Here We Go!!!!

Friday May 20th

Main Stage

8:00-9:15 Revolver

9:30-11:00 Poor Young Things

Saloon

11:30-12:45 The Stogies

1:00-??? The Subterraneans

Saturday May 21st

Main Stage

1:00-2:15 Low Hanging Lights

2:30-3:45 Planes and Trains

4:00- 5:15 The All Nighters

5:30-6:15 Snow Heel Slim

6:00-7:30 Steve Murphy Band

7:45- 9:00 Days Of You

9:30-11:00 The Dirk Quinn Band

Saloon

11:30-1:30 Must Stash Hat

1:45-???? Blind Mule

Sunday May 21st

2:00-2:30 Mark Wilson & the Way It Is

2:45-4:00 Purple Joe

4:15-5:30 Gruve

5:45-7:00 Snack

7:15-8:30 Paddy Townsend Band

8:45 -10:00 Superstack

10:30-12:00 House of David Gang

Saloon

12:30-??? Sean LeSage & the Little Downs

The schedule is of course subject to change..Gonna be a good one people..SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are the ticket prices:

$40 any single day

$70 any 2 days

$100 for the whole weekend( if you get there on Friday without a ticket or a reservation..that's the cost)

Your best deal is to get to a ticket location and grab one while they are still there

If you are unable to make it to a ticket location or if they run out..message me to reserve a ticket at the advance price..please spread the word..Invite all your friends and family..this is gonna be a great weekend..come enjoy the music and the party atmosphere

- Mark Wilson

Now that was great! Great to see so many friendly faces. I was only up for the Sunday, so I can't speak for the first two days... but I really had a great time - House of David Gang & High Plains Drifter tore it up on the main stage.

Big ups to the ShotSki crew and their burning bar - that was insane.

A New Zealand truck driver who fell on a compressed air hose that pierced his buttock has survived being blown up like a balloon.

Steven McCormack had fallen between the cab and the trailer of his truck, breaking the air hose.

The nozzle pierced his buttock and began pumping air into his body, which expanded dramatically.

As he screamed, Mr McCormack's colleagues turned the air off and laid him on his side, saving his life.

The accident happened at Opotiki on the North Island on Saturday.

Mr McCormack, who is 48, is still in hospital in the nearest town, Whakatane.

He said that doctors had told him they were surprised that his skin had not burst, as the compressed air - pumping into his body at 100lb/sq in - had separated fat from muscle.

"I felt the air rush into my body and I felt like it was going to explode from my foot.

"I was blowing up like a football... it felt like I had the bends, like in diving. I had no choice but just to lay there, blowing up like a balloon," he told the local newspaper, the Whakatane Beacon.

He said his skin feels "like a pork roast", hard and crackly on the outside but soft underneath.

He credits his colleagues, especially Jason Wenham who put him on his side, with saving his life.

Mr Wenham, Ross Hustler and Robbie Petersen had lifted Mr McCormack off the brass nozzle which was still stuck in his body, and packed ice around his swollen neck until an ambulance arrived.

Doctors inserted a tube into his lungs to drain the fluid and cleared the wound in his buttock using what felt to him like a drill.

"That was the most painful part," he said.

"It's fair to say he's lucky to be alive, it was a potentially life-threatening situation," a hospital spokeswoman told AFP on Wednesday.

Mr McCormack confided that the air was gradually escaping his body in the way that air usually does.