Jambands.ca

Roll Call : Trey in TO

Marcust99

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this whole board is going. Cool!

I've never been to the venue. Can anyone who's local to the area recommend a good joint for some pre-show chow?

The Danforth is also Greektown, so there's a hundred options. There are several good pubs beside the Danforth and many mid to high-end restaurants. Go to the venue and pick a spot, but I'd recommend Factory Girl (named after the Beggars Banquet tune), The Old Nick, The Auld Spot (best pub on the Danforth), Allen's (more of an Irish restaurant, but has a pub up front; great food). Really, you can't go wrong where you go as long as it isn't the fucking scuzzy dive The Black Swan. The Globe (across from the Music Hall) is a 5-star restaurant and is excellent. I love the New York Cafe at the corner of Broadview & Danforth, but its more of a greasy-spoon/pub, but it's the best bang for your buck in the neighbourhood (great pizza, Greek food, burgers and cheap beer and wine). The neighbourhoood stretches 10 blocks, so look around if you have the time. The Court Jester at Pape & Danforth is a good pub too (10 minute walk from venue).

Edited by Guest

Really, you can't go wrong where you go as long as it isn't the fucking scuzzy dive The Black Swan.

^^^^^^

But it is where you should go after the show for some fun tunes...

The Auld Spot is a good pub with decent pub food but you are in greektown so I recommend exploring as well.