Jambands.ca

For those 30 and over (a birthday lament)

scottieking

Yes, that's right. No more in denial. I have crossed into my third decade on earth. Today is my birthday (gonna party like ittcha birthday) And you what, I can't imagine being in a better place in the universe. I got good friends, my family, the best musicial taste of most people I know and the party ethic of a twenty year old. Add to that globetroting, a bout with the big C, and the fact that I'm teaching in a cord jacket and Phish t-shirt today and I feel unstopable. In fact, to paraphrase Douglas Coupland, thirty is the new twenty. So for my friends who already have crossed into this club, hang on cause you got a new member. For those of you still come, get in line and hope to God you can keep up.

Sorry to spout, but I'm pumped and giving my love to the Skanks! By the by, Runt Club around ten thirty for anyone in L-town tonight. Otherwise, see ya on the Christmas Tours!

quote:

Originally posted by scottieking:

Yes, that's right. No more in denial. I have crossed into my third decade on earth.

Happy birthday... just a technicality here, if you've crossed into your third decade, that would mean you've just turned 20, not 30. You've actually crossed into your FOURTH decade. Makes you feel older, eh?!

Archived