Jambands.ca

Unofficial QOTD 2-19-03

Vermontdave

For me I guess it would have been G.D also...

Shoreline 10.02.88

1: Cold Rain, Minglewood, Peggy-O, Memphis Blues, To Lay Me Down, Box Of Rain, Deal

2: Crazy Fingers> Samson, Space> Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Gimme Some Lovin> Stella Blue> Throwing Stones> NFA E: Black Muddy River

And the next would be Vancouver to see Bob Dylan,Van Morrison and Joni Mitchell at the GM place in 05.14.98, the bonus to this trip was we didn't know that Bob was playin the Rage the night before 05.13.98 and scored tickets for the 1000 or so person show.Then a great week camping on Van.Island.

05.13.98 The Rage Van. BC

1.Not Fade Away

2.Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You

3.Cold Irons Bound

4.Make You Feel My Love

5.Silvio

6.Stone Walls And Steel Bars (acoustic)

7.It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (acoustic)

8.Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic)

9.Million Miles

10.I'm Not Supposed To Care (Gordon Lightfoot)

11.Highway 61 Revisited

(encore)

12.'Til I Fell In Love With You

13.It Ain't Me, Babe (acoustic)

14.Love Sick

15.Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

05.14.98 GM Place Van. BC

1.Absolutely Sweet Marie

2.Señor (Tales Of Yankee Power)

3.Cold Irons Bound

4.You're A Big Girl Now

5.Silvio

6.Cocaine Blues (acoustic)

7.Mr. Tambourine Man (acoustic)

8.Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic)

9.Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

10.I Shall Be Released

11.Highway 61 Revisited

(encore)

12.Forever Young (acoustic)

13.Love Sick

14.Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

Great question BTW (should be official)

Esau13

In April/May '91, I went to see my brother, who's been living in Japan for the last 10+ years. As a coincidence, Eric Johnson was playing the Cat Club in Osaka, so my brother managed to get tickets.

It wasn't so much that I went just for the show, but it's the longest I've ever travelled to see a show.

I also got to stay at a Hotel California, but that's another story...

Aloha,

Brad

Every year (for the past 3 anyway) me and a buddy make the treck down to New Orleans for the Jazz Fest. Hands down the best music festival ever. Imagine Bonnaroo but without the 7 hour lineup to get in, and you get to see all your favourite bands play a whole show not just a one hour set. Of course its 11 days long compared to 3 at bonnaroo. Only 64 days until I leave for this years festival. Can't wait.

New Orleans Jazz Fest '95 for Phish, Meters, A Bros.... By car it seemed like a major trek, but we were driving the Lincoln so besides being a beast for gas we were driving in high style i.e. bucket seats.

In terms of shear hours though taking a train from Halifax to Toronto for 24 hours, and a car from Toronto to Chicago for another 10 hours for Halloween '95 at the Rosemont Horizon. But we were driving a Lincoln again (a nice '95 this time) had a sweet head stash in the body of the car, throwing away screwdrivers and any tools we had as we approached the border, endlessly debating whether to ash or not ash in the back ashtray as a ruse that 'nothing's going on'. It was actually the night of the Quebec Referendum and it seemed like it was close so we were listening to it wondering if we'd still be a united country when we returned. Get to the border, a sleepy small crossing, solo guard working, tell him we're going to see music in Chicago. 'You got a gun' he says, no we reply. 'You going to Chicago, you ain't got a gun!!!' (Belly laughs) and he sends us on. After we bought a screwdriver in the nearest town we got absolutely twisted listening to DarkStar in surround sound pulling into Chicago the day of the show at dawn.

I wish I could say Japan - Phish 2000...but I can't.

Alpine Valley for Phil Lesh and Friends, 2001 (pre-bobby [Wink] )

Set 1: Jam> Viola Lee Blues> Shakedown Street> Cumberland Blues, Broken Arrow> Mason's Children

Set 2: Jam> St. Stephen> Millenium Jam> The Eleven> Jam> Night of 1000 Stars, Cryptical> I Am The Walrus> Other One> Viola Lee Blues> Golden Road

E: Celebration> Cosmic Charlie

Les Claypool's Frog Brigade opened

String Cheese Incident Co-headlined

Phil & Friends closed

Ummmm, I once saw Jerry Garcia in outer space, but that was in Rochester NY, so...probably Ween in Scottsdale Arizona. It came in the middle of the following run:

Rock & Roll Museum/Cleveland OH>Graceland/Memphis TN>Ringo Starr/Fort Worth TX>Carlsband Caverns/NM>UFO Museum/Roswell NM>Ween/Scottsdale AZ>Ween/Las Vegas NV>Death Valley/CA>Burning Man/Black Rock City NV>Bill Frisell and Kevin Breit/Guelph ON.

11,676 kms round trip, all solo, cruise control and air-con. Woo-hoo!

Archived