Jambands.ca

secondtube appreciation thread!

MarcO

Why? Well, why not? A great guy - Steve: thanks for all the great shows you've sent my way, for all the great times we've shared, for being so generous and funny and real. Honestly, this place wouldn't be the same without you and I'm proud to call you a friend.

So how 'bout some love for the tube? He really does rock, y'know!

You mean Steve?! I love that guy. Steve, you've got the greatest musical tastes on this whole board and thanks for opening up that Miles Davis again for me over on STG. It's always good to party with you and share a joint with you and talk about all the great jazz music that's out there.

Thanks for being you!

Love and peace!

holy crap.

thanks guys.

[big Grin]

I'm glad i've been able to make such good friends on here, hopefully proving to people that i'm not the dick I may have originally presented myself to be. I spent a period of four or so months fucked up on anti-seizure meds, during which I burned a few bridges.

Luckily people like Booche, Schwa (still waiting for that ass kickin' [big Grin] ), and others have given me a chance to prove i'm not the birdbrain my posts made me out to be. I've actually went back to my (stupid) period and read some of my posts....Sheesh.

I've been turned on to so much new music here, the least I can do is try to give some back.

Whether its through freebies, trades, the radio show, or just word of mouth, i try to let everyone know how much music is actually out there. I can't believe it myself sometimes.

MarcO and Hamilton, thank you for guiding such a young guppy out of potential wookiehood.. And teaching me to respect all the styles of music, even if they dont seem all that hot in the beginning.

Most importantly, I’ve learned, even if something doesn't appeal to me, that doesn't mean it isn't good.

I'm listening to music now that i wouldn't have even considered four years ago.

I think I went from one of the most hated Skanks, to hopefully a relatively well respected one.

And hey, it only took 3000+ posts...

As for supporting the scene, who else can make a tie dye dead shirt and a fishing vest look oh so stylish [Wink] .

[big Grin]

How a man with such seemingly good taste in music can hate the Flaming Lips is beyond me. He's a decent sort though I guess, keeps some questionable company though (I couldn't resist). I presume Daisuke is a fairly common Japanese name but there's a Daisuke who played with The Slip in Japan, I think he went by Daisuke Phat though.

oh and aaron, i'm never going to forget walking into that variety store in Georgia, 6:30 in the morning, on the way to Big Cypress, and those locals saying to you "Man, you look like a wet poodle...."

Never.

(who knew you cant buy beer on Sunday at 6:30 am, in Georgia...you can imagine the look we got from the Christian behind the counter!!!!)

[Eek!]

Steve,

Thanks for your wonderful contributions to this community ... the huge amounts of music that you share with others (myself included), the great moments that you capture with your pictures, the thoughtful opinions that you share on this board, the huge smile that I see on your face when I'm out at shows, the party favours that you share with others, and the positive enthusiasm that you bring to all things musical.

Peace, Mark

thanks dave, i'm sure we'll meet soon enough...

who knows, maybe i'll be allowed down there one day...

Vermont is the number state i want to visit. and it has nothing to do with burlington, or the musically history behind it.

i hear vermond it absolutely beautiful. i like to fish, mountainbike and hike, i'm sure Vermont would suit my needs nicely.

Oh, and GM, thanks man. You guys are finally coming back to Hamilton. Its great your playing PJC. Jager will be flowing that night...

[big Grin]

tube, we had our first oppurtunity to meet at the addisongroove project show... And you seem like a totally awesome guy... judging by this thread, you really must be!

I look forward to hangin with you in the future, Im sure I will see you at pepperjacks sometime real soon!

cheers

Archived