Jambands.ca

Band names???? - Need some help peeps!!

jon.

Hey Jon! Somebody said something at work today that I thought would make a good name. We were talking about having emailed out something about an event that is no longer happening, and somebody said "so then that's a retractable blurb?"

So there you go, how about "The Retractable Blurbs?"

No, eh?

Okay, I'll try again...

Peace,

Mr. M.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait wait wait, I got more!

I was thinking, what as a way of making a connection to your past, if you had something that rhymed with "Electric Meat"? So I came up with:

Centric Sheet

Gastric Peat

Metric Feat

Nitric Sleet

Eclectic Wheat

Hmmmm, those kinda suck too, don't they?

This is a hard game! No wonder I've been in so many bands with stupid names...

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Cognitive Dissonance

"Cognitive dissonance is a psychological phenomenon which refers to the discomfort felt at a discrepancy between what you already know or believe, and new information or interpretation."

Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I always thought it would be a good band name.

Interesting. I would have thought it was a synonym for "Deliberate Atonality." Actually, that's not bad, either. Then you could fuck everybody up by playing nothing but sugary melodies.

Back when I was in high school, I was in a jam(inE for 90min)band that we called Family Outing. Then we changed our name to Bessie's Blues Breakers after the lead guitar players VW bus.

We could clear a room in five minutes. I mean we took a half hour to get our shit set up and then another half hour to tune up and then five minutes to clear the goddamn room. We fuckin rocked.

hmmmmmm,

I like:

Fly Squatter or Super Fly Squatter

The Bionic Cock Suckers (a bit risky)

Hip Joint

and finally the greatest idea ever.....call your band 'LOVERBOY'......wait.....damn!!!!

Or maybe call it 'Hot Girls in Love'...a loving tribute to loverboy. Nah wait, I want that one for myself. I suck at this,

"Everybody's working for the weekend"

G

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

I had a few sitting around here and its not like I will be starting a band anytime soon.The first three are my favourite.

- Still Vertical (still as in a picture)

- Philosophers Stone (my favourite mushrooms)

- Mariner of 44

- Twelfth Ode

- Operator

- Blue Lotus

- Territory

- Fellow Traveler (or Fugitives)

- Liquid

This one wouldn't be a very good name to draw the folks in but I always laugh when I hear it.

From the simpsons:

Captain Bring down & the buzz killers

[big Grin]

"Liquid" is taken,,,thats mine [Razz] ..

How about "Acid"??

How about some Shakespearean Snippets (which is, itself, not bad):

"Slings & Arrows"

"Outrageous Fortune"

(I'm sure there's some "meat" thing you could whip up from that bit in Hamlet, where the hot meats from Hamlet's father's funeral became the cold cuts for his mother's wedding reception...)

Aloha,

Brad

Archived