Jambands.ca

Dish The Dirt III

zero

Okay this time the plan is not to out mediocre and talented improvisors but to expose yourself for once. What are you afraid of? What is your aspiration and what are you unwilling to compromise on? And how 'bout those little babies that come out of vaginas?

To quote Kevin Drew it's time we grow old and do some sh!t.......

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I'm afraid of failure. Failure in finances, failure in relationships, failure in life. I suppose that everyone has this fear to a certain degree, but from my perspective it's almost haunting.

However I'm not afraid of babies. I've held enough of those little buggers, and I've changed many a diapers in my life, to make me completely comfortable and prepared for the role of a parent.

But getting to the point in my life where I feel I am able to provide a solid foundation for a wife and child, all the time minimizing the compromises I need to make with own lifestyle is a neverending internal struggle.

Not to mention finacial stability. Staying one step ahead of the game. My goal is to set up my finances so that the income from my assets is greater than my monthly expenses. With that setup I would only need the paycheck from a job if I wanted to buy the luxuries like cars, boats, bling, and cottages. Otherwise the income from my assets would cover any expenses and I would essentially be retired.

My biggest aspiration is to be happy, but I don't see that happening until all the pieces fall into the places that I've set up for them. Kinda grim, but that's just the way I am.

Phew, good venting idea Ku... uh, zero.

I'm really petrified of SPIDERS. I really feel the zaps of nerves when I spot one.

My goal is to someday have enough time to do all of the things I want to do and not what I have to do.

I'm unwilling to compromise on integrity. That seems to be the one thing that you can always stand behind and believe in to reach your goal(s).

I have the attention span of a 6 year old. not exactly but mostly pertaining to my not-so professional life. i'm willing to work hard for what i want, but only for a short time. I get very very bored with my work very quickly and always feel the need to move to the next one, perhaps that is why at age 29 i have had 34 jobs and not been fired from a single one. This situation then compounds itself and reminds me that for someone to have this many jobs and not find a single one that made them happy is not good. I have absolutely no idea what i want to do with the rest of my life, none. So i think, what makes me happy? i really don't know. I'm confident that an opportunity will cross my path some day but until then, i will just take my place in the ant parade and exist until that day.

Oh, and i also phuckin hate spiders. I worked at a summer camp as a teen and would bring 2-3 cans of raid every week i went out and kill every last spider in our breezway between to adjoining cabins (hibby jibbies coursing through me body right now)

Got any room in that van of yours Jared?

you wanna know what i'm afraid of and what my aspirations are?

well, i aspire to have a sweet little house (preferably a multi-layered tree-house) on a property that contains an entire watershed on an island or within the southern interior of BC (or maybe someplace else, haven't entirely decided). I will somehow have some wicked job that allows me to live in this remote location, working only enough to get by somewhat comfortably - no stressed-out long days for me (teaching yoga in the yurt down by the water? cooking wicked veg food for some small-town restaurant?). on this land i will have freaking awesome gardens set up (like, incredible like) and will put a lot of time into preserving food and planting so that there's always organic goodness ready to go. my herb garden will be out back ;)

my dream goes on, but you get the drift.

my biggest fear really is that i won't be able to make this happen and i'll be stuck working some sh!t job in some blah city until i'm so old my remaining family dumps me in a home. i'm also afraid that i won't find a partner that i'll be able to live with for an indefinite amount of time (haha yes i'm hard to live with). ooo oooo oooo one more fear - that i will cease being motivatde to create. in fact, i aspire to be more tapped in to sources of inspiration so my creativity only grows.

babies and vaginas are fine by me. maybe i'll even make some some day.

I have absolutely no idea what i want to do with the rest of my life, none. So i think, what makes me happy? i really don't know. I'm confident that an opportunity will cross my path some day but until then, i will just take my place in the ant parade and exist until that day.

Join the club. I'm thirty, and we're in the same boat... or maybe we're both in Jared's van.

I've always been mildly jealous of those people who always knew what they wanted.

I'm afraid for the health of my remaining family members.

Same here, although I do appreciate and accept the inevitability of death. I suppose it's the suffering, my own as much as anyone else's, that I fear the most.

That links directly to the part of me that is selfish, which is something about myself I dislike more than fear - although I do fear what my selfishness can make me do if I let it.

- M.

I'm unwilling to compromise on integrity. That seems to be the one thing that you can always stand behind and believe in to reach your goal(s).

Having principles is a big pain in the ass sometimes. It's what made me feel like I had to quit my last job, and it's what will probably ultimately make me quit my current one (although not for a while, I'm still having fun!)

My wife said to me the other day after an extended rant something to the effect of "apparently you just have to find somewhere to work where everybody tries to do everything the right way, and are willing to admit when they're wrong. Good luck with that." She's a smart lady.

- M.

One of my biggest fears is pretty irrational, but hell most fears are pretty irrational right? Well for me, one of my big ones is a fear of what could be lurking unseen while swimming in a lake. Yes that's right, I'm afraid of lake monsters. How do I know something isn't checking out my tastey looking foot while I swim away in a lake?

dino-leviathan.jpg

I'm not sure what my biggest fear is right now. It always changes. I would have to go with the health of family and friends as well. I personally love my career and where I live. As for the baby thing, my son just turned 2 yesterday and has been the best thing that has happened in my life so far. The first year was very stressful, but this last year has been awesome and keeps getting better. Having a child gives my life more meaning than anything.

owain2.jpg

One of my biggest fears is pretty irrational, but hell most fears are pretty irrational right? Well for me, one of my big ones is a fear of what could be lurking unseen while seeming in a lake. Yes that's right, I'm afraid of lake monsters. How do I know something isn't checking out my tastey looking foot while I swim away in a lake?

dino-leviathan.jpg

Then I guess we are both strange because I also fear lake monsters...don't even get me started on ocean monsters...

My biggest fear truley is child preditors. If anyone ever took one of my girls I fear I would go instantly mad. If I ever caught someone hurting my child in a sick way I would probably be capable of vigilante justice.

In all honesty, I cant believe I am reading this about lake-monsters. Either you two are setting me up to look like the shell of a man that I am, or we need to start a support group. I have given EVERY excuse in the book not to go swimming in rivers/oceans et al, because of these unseen beings that we just know are eyeing up our goods as a snack.

Wow. We could form a support group here. I am 30 also and haven't got the foggiest clue what I want to do with my life. Nearly all my daydreams, fantasies and aspirations have wilted and died. Now I just want to pull myself out of this hole of debt and become less stressed about finances.

I understand the concept of a fear of success. I could have done better in University, my personal mental & physical health, finances, relationships and interests but I seem to have what is either a deep lazy streak or a complete inability to face the idea that I may actually be good at something. Probably a bit of both, compunded by the sense that time is passing me by, as I watch other friends get married, have babies (via those nice tasty vagina-thingies), buy houses or, alternately, enjoy the single life, travel, find experiences and work on their careers.

Not that I'm devaluing the good things in my life - Laurie, my dear parents, my good friends who have stuck with me through all sorts of ups and downs, music, art - but deep inside me is a sense that if I had tried, all those could be better, stronger, deeper and I could offer back at least as much as I have received.

what was the question again?!?