Jambands.ca

Caution Jam ,Diesel Dog live at Mavericks Saturday May 5th

Mavericks

Baj your panties seem like they are in a stinky bunch. I don't really know what your talking about "Ottawa" begging SoOn bands to come down to come down by any means either....

Well I guess you would know about my sticky bunch, since you mouth seems to be a bit sticky and studdery...

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed that a pinned topic is less likely to be opened by me.

Somebody said nobody went to the show. Not true. And certainly one can't blame those in attendance for the sparse crowd. Lack of advertiseing, competing bands at other venues, and just a nice night to sit in the backyard and there ya go, a sparse night out.

Big deal. As was said to me after the show, "It's not like it hasn't happened to us before."

As for getting out and representing...I do think it's important.

I love some of this shit.

"I dont read anything if it is pinned."

"No one told me."

"I dont watch Lost so how was I supposed to see the advertisement on ABC?"

Whatever. I knew quite a few people that were in the know about this show. They made their choice. I think therein lies the real question.

Oh. Wait. Gateaux already answered it.

can't catch every show... and there's no certainly obligation involved... catching too many shows will burn ya out on it (or so I hear ;) )

I don't go see a movie unless I wanna... apperently lots of time, money and effort goes into those

that said, Diesel Dog really is in a beautiful place musically right now and its a little sad some folks who'd really have dug it missed out

but the sun still came up today

slow night at Ultra Magnus in Hammertown Sat night too... band played full out all night though and an awesome time had by all... win some lose some

Edited by Guest
yar

Slack Off on Promo my ASS.

If you notice we posted the show here as well as

on our myspace and website.

We designed the 11x17 poster

printed them and had them put up a minimum of

four days a week, six weeks in advance until the

afternoon of the show.

We poster all the major traffic areas.

As far as the marquee goes with so many different

show we have to change often and are looking into

a second one.

If you look at some of the other clubs only Capitals is bigger some places don't even have a

sign.

I think the show at Capital and arguably the biggest game in Ottawa's recent history is what

hurt the show.

Thank you

just find it really funny how much you guys ask for SoOn bands to come, and then nobody goes to support what they have asked for...

I keep seeing this claim. While I agree that it's great to see SoOn bands make it to Ottawa, I haven't seen all of this specific requesting going on that you're referring to.

I wasn't going to post anything but just for the record I'd like to say that I had a great time in Ottawa Saturday night. Sure the turnout wasn't the greatest but I've played to less than that before, and after a good run of CD release shows that all had a great turnout I think we were about due.

Still got to go on an adventure to capital city and meet/jam with Dave from Nero so I'm happy.

We designed the 11x17 poster

printed them and had them put up a minimum of

four days a week, six weeks in advance until the

afternoon of the show.

We poster all the major traffic areas.

As far as the marquee goes with so many different

show we have to change often and are looking into

a second one.

Good to hear that there were posters out. I always felt Maverick's did a great job with their own print shop and everything. It sounded like this show may had gotten forgotten, but obviously it didn't.

Looks like it was all about timing and this thread about the show is more alive than it was 3 days ago.

The show will live forever thanks to Bradm's recording.