Jambands.ca

QOTD: Usernames..

captainsunshine

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was in my first (second?) year of undergrad, I got into the habit of occasionally adding an extra "mo" syllable into words, or adding "mophone" onto the end of them, a la Homer asking Lisa if she wanted to play the vi-a-mo-lin, ob-a-mo-boe, or sax-a-mophone. Hart is my first name, and so some friends started calling me Hartamophone. I outgrew the annoying habit, but some friends still call me that.

Mine's from Kim Mitchell's old band. It started as an inside joke that ran for years. Now people think I'm a huge Kim Mitchell fan which isn't entirely true.....I am pretty sure I helped get Kim the job at Q107 though. In 1999 Q107 had the greatest bands of all time and we kept voting for Kim so much the finals came down to The Beatles, The Stones, Zeppelin, Neil Young & Kim Mitchell (Neil Young only won by 51% of the vote and I think they rigged it because Kim was getting too huge). We would call and say "there's 8 of us at Mr Lube that wanna vote for Max Webster, or there's 5 of us at Subway that wanna vote for Kim Mitchell"

After that they had Kim on to address his new found "popularity" and hired him as a dj.

Guest Low Roller

I needed a name when I joined Phish Sanctuary, but had just given up coffee so couldn't use my regular handle of Kapheen, and then just came up with something random. It's stuck.

Mine's just from my old license plate on my 77 VW westy....... oh how i miss the old microbus....

I had a 78 Westy with "GR8FL" on it. I miss mine too :(

"GR8FL" is on my totally cool Olds Silhouette minivan now :P At least it's got a SYF on the side window ;)

Man thats crazy....whatta coincendence jaja all my rides always have a SYF somewhere on em, it5s my pull me over sticker of choice!!

I sold mine to a good buddy of mine, it only had 96,000km' roughly and it was mint, bright orange with black and white chekcered floor, Pop Top, never ever even seen a flak e of snow. bought it off an old man who used it once a year fora fishing trip- and stored it therest of the time. The license plate stayed witrh the bus though, it was only right!! haha atleast i still get to cruise in it and drive it on occasion...makes it not hurt so bad hahah

I don't remember what my first username on here was so many years ago now.

A lot of my friends still call me bones or cowboy, but for the last little while I've kept starhead.

I will always be a deadhead and since 1999 have been a major darkSTARorchestraHEAD :)

In about 1995 with the proliferation of the internet, I stumbled onto a band called Phish, the Canadian Tape Traders network (thanks AD!) and then linked to a now defunct webpage called www.gadiel.com/phish; where there was a message board that I found I could discuss/ trade and request Phish shows on tape. Unfortunately many members on there were not willing to make trades or set up B+P's with a Canadian due to customs/ shipping costs. Everyone on gadiel seemed to be using a Phish song for their user name, but I was at the height of my Rheostatics addiction and decided to use a title of their song to reflect both the location and desire of my post (ISO: PH 8.2.98 DAUDII or better; comes to mind). SO basically it was a grovel for a tape from the north.........

It stuck, and for those keeping track it was the first song I ever attempted to play on a guitar.........That was 11 years ago, and I still can't play it right!

S

Scott King on why he chose his username:

To be honest, Scottie King is the only true nickname I've ever had (well, I guess Sky King and Scoots are in play, and around St Thomas I'm known as Kinger). It's not really a nickname, but does tend to get pronounced as one word - phonetically - skai-kang. Maybe that's my new username right there!

i actually got my name camping at sauble beach may 2-4 back in highschool or thereabouts... i was a bit drunk and slurry, and my friends were having a hard time understanding me. so, they called me questcequecest. my roommate at the time also ended up as "quelques-choses". people seem to think there's a relation to the song psycho killer, but no. there's not. i'm just a mess. ;)

Mine is the name of my alter ego.

She's really kind of a douche' date=' but a much bigger and hotter douche than I am in real life.

And also, she likes fisting.

[/quote']

I thought Hal was walking funny the last time I saw him.

come on folks, some of us are trying to eat lunch here.

the guy i was dating at the time (hi Del!) had been signed up here for awhile and i noticed that everyone , when in real life, called him Del, instead of his actual name. and it drove me insane, and i didn't want it to happen to me. I've never had a nickname, and I love my name. So Alexis I shall forever be.

As for why i'm Alexis...the movie Ice Castles can answer THAT question.