Jambands.ca

QOTD: Usernames..

captainsunshine

I like this thread.

Ditto.

I have trouble remembering names, usernames, passwords, etc. so I wanted to keep it as simple as possible when I first signed up in the phish sanctuary days. Therefore, Mark Tonin became mark tonin on the board.

It still makes me smile when people come up to me and say "hey there mark tonin." In most situations, it is odd to greet somebody in that way (first and last name). I remember the first few times it happened I didn't really know why and then ding ding ding the light bulb went on and I got it.

A couple of times over the years I've thought of changing it to something else, but heck, I get confused easily and I'm sure that a name change would add to my confusion! :)

Peace, Mark

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Control for smilers can't be bought

The solar garlic starts to rot

Was it for this my life I sought?"

When I joined "Phishsanctuary.com" I figured a phishy name would be most suitable. The lyric itself holds absolutely no meaning to me whatsoever. I have, however, enjoyed the cosmic nature of life and surely embrace the full love and power of the almighty garlic. It is very strange to be greeted/introduced as such but the nerdy flavour of phish needs to live on somehow I suppose....

Here here Velveeta, I had some rough ones when I was a kid... cupcake, hair, fat... real creative stuff. When I moved to Toronto and joined a hip hop group I got the name Medisin, but when Sugarmegs/Megrocker signed me up for the board after my first ComeToGive'er Festival I had to pick a name that I wouldn't mind explaining. The first name that came to me was Thorgnor because that's what my dad wanted to name me... sadly my mother disagreed with him. My initials wouldn't have worked...

IP.

Oh yeah, some people call me the Guv'nor... I think it's cause I fuckin'rule!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

My original username on here (dirtybird) was a nickname a friend gave me after a CTMF...because I was so filthy and feeble in the a.m (also covered in sticky goo) I resembled a bird surviving an oil spill.

I preferred it to "dirtbitch" which another, better friend labelled me with.

My original username on here (dirtybird) was a nickname a friend gave me after a CTMF...because I was so filthy and feeble in the a.m (also covered in sticky goo) I resembled a bird surviving an oil spill.

I preferred it to "dirtbitch" which another, better friend labelled me with.

funny!!!

[meggo is pretty self-explaining i think [meghan] - and also much preferred to several childhood nicknames!]

i actually got my name camping at sauble beach may 2-4 back in highschool or thereabouts... i was a bit drunk and slurry, and my friends were having a hard time understanding me. so, they called me questcequecest. my roommate at the time also ended up as "quelques-choses". people seem to think there's a relation to the song psycho killer, but no. there's not. i'm just a mess. ;)

Hideaway?

In 1999 Q107 had the greatest bands of all time and we kept voting for Kim so much the finals came down to The Beatles, The Stones, Zeppelin, Neil Young & Kim Mitchell (Neil Young only won by 51% of the vote and I think they rigged it because Kim was getting too huge). We would call and say "there's 8 of us at Mr Lube that wanna vote for Max Webster, or there's 5 of us at Subway that wanna vote for Kim Mitchell"

Haha, I remember that well. We had both apartment's phone lines tied up all day.

d_jango is a self-deprecating reference to a temporary stint as a gold bug, which, as one of my favourite westerns makes clear, is a clear and certain path to misery and misfortune.

My original nick was much less interestingly a different spelling of an old high-school nickname.

Here here Velveeta, I had some rough ones when I was a kid... cupcake, hair, fat... real creative stuff. When I moved to Toronto and joined a hip hop group I got the name Medisin, but when Sugarmegs/Megrocker signed me up for the board after my first ComeToGive'er Festival I had to pick a name that I wouldn't mind explaining. The first name that came to me was Thorgnor because that's what my dad wanted to name me... sadly my mother disagreed with him. My initials wouldn't have worked...

IP.

Oh yeah, some people call me the Guv'nor... I think it's cause I fuckin'rule!!!!!!!!!!

here I thought you named yourself after Trogdor!

Mine is an excerpt from the Disco Biscuits song Magellan. I really like it in context but something about the words on their own has a nice ring to it.

"Earlier this morning as I sit upon the bow,

In the distance my homeland but I just don't know how,

Years along the sea and I thought I'd find the sun,

Once around the world and now I think I'm done."

i actually got my name camping at sauble beach may 2-4 back in highschool or thereabouts... i was a bit drunk and slurry' date=' and my friends were having a hard time understanding me. so, they called me questcequecest. my roommate at the time also ended up as "quelques-choses". people seem to think there's a relation to the song psycho killer, but no. there's not. i'm just a mess. ;)[/quote']

Hideaway?

The Hideaway Campground...that is the name of one Native campground in the area which is sadly no more...there was an incident involving booze, drugs, underage party goers, overactive and angry natives, a weapon and one gunshot which was fatal for the young, over enthusiastic raver. Very sad events that led to the place being shut down.

I have heard a rumour in the area that it will be reopened as a mini-put.

g