Jambands.ca

Q of the day 04.11.03

Esau

Well mines pretty simple too:

Photo 'cause I'm a photographer

Geek 'cause well frankly I'm a geek (especially if your dumb enough to ask me a technical question about photography)

The Mr. part came around when I got laid off last month...I couldn't get my password info from my old computer at work (and of course I never wrote it down), so I signed up again under my brand new and oh so original MR photogeek

mike

Well a few years ago when I was in this one certain "party scene" all my friends / and strangers kept telling me that I lit up the parties, and my constant smiling was like sunshine......hence, they called me sunshine! They use to say - "awww our little ray of sunshine has arrived..."

Plus there's nothing better then adding a little sunshine into everyone's life!

Keep Smiling guys and gals! [big Grin]

Sunnydays, Lisa Marie

"Zimmerman" comes from Dylan's real name Robert Zimmerman (I was going through my yearly Dylan buzz at the time)

When I first logged on I was just Zimmerman, then I logged in a second time when I was chillin' in England before I began working in Russia. Then I logged in a third time when I was working in Moscow (hence Pt3, I always forgot my password). Now I work in Alaska, so I guess I should be changing it to Pt 4...

Mine's not specific to the board. I've been using it for an embarassing number of years, since before some of you started grade school.

A culmination of events* led a friend to give me a quizzical eye and decide, "You're arcane, you know that?" Hence the lower-case "a" in the spelling--it's not a proper noun; it's an adjective.

I recently realized that it could also be short for "archangel." This is practical. There are more angel avatars than "arcane" ones.

* sigh ... I have been declared as both a probability sink and not entirely human by several independent sources. I assure you I am all too human, in spite of what my mother says. As for the probability thing, well, Murphy does what Murphy does. However, this has nothing whatsoever to with the meaning of the word "arcane," in spite of the beliefs of the great unwashed masses. My friend was also aware of this, so there was an intended bit of double meaning. No, the denotative "arcane" simply means "hidden," although the connotations hold a certain amount of mystical concealment. So, why "hidden"? Also simple. I've spent too many years on the Internet and using bulletin boards (I'm waving at BradM, now). Way back when, most posters were men. Considering the way I write, I was also assumed to be a guy. Hence, my identity was somewhat concealed by my gender-neutral style.

Under another nickname on a male-dominated board, I am routinely assumed to be a man. Fine by me; I'm not there to be hit on like a slow baseball.

I have been waiting a long time for someone to ask this....

Long story short: My name comes from the old days of trading tapes (thats right not CD's!!!). I used to post on www.phans.com looking for any shows I attended. As most respondents were not willing to send to Canada, I was being upfront about my location. Hence the name, Northern Wish. I was in the north and had a wish.....

It also happens to be a great song, by one of my favorite bands: The Rheostatics.

It stuck and now when I'm out at shows and introduce myself, the second thing I always say is "I'm Northern Wish".

Thanks for asking Greg, and say hi to your cousing Jim in St Catharines for me. We used to play Kiwanis hockey together about 15 years ago....

Sean

So one day I was travelling in Vancouver with my friend Jenn (who I'm seen kissing on the Uncle SEth site) and we went exploring and walked all over town. Anyways Hours went by and both Jenn and I got hungry. So we started looking for something to eat. Just our luck there was a Bakery right across the street. SO Jen and I crossed the street and entered this little bakery. The Smell of glorious baked goods was unbarable! SO we thought ..."we like bread so lets just buy some bread" and that's what we did. We bought a huge french stick for $ .50 and crossed the street and sat down in a park and giggled in the sun and ate the bread in the Beautiful backdrop of Commercial drive. Later that night we went home and talked and raved about the bread. so we thought we should go back to the bakery and pick some up in the morning. That night we barely slept, dreams of fresh baked bread danced in our heads.....at 9am we went to bakery...but alas..we couldn;t find it....we walked up and down the street but it was nowhere to be found. we asked a few locals..and they said that there never has been a bakery on this road.....creepy eh??

so scary..... [Eek!]

oh....the nic-name right , right ...Tara's my name....

[big Grin]

mine spilled out in a hazy car ride with my old roomie.....it was something to do with a german woodworker- ie tongue and groove cabinetry etc...hence tungstengruvsten...

plus it sounds rude if you think about it too much.

It's funny, on different places online people think i'm Swedish, apparently it translates to something like hard rock(tungsten) from the rockpile/quarry(gruvsten) ...strange indeed.

7-6-2000 toronto

i've only ever been a moderate phish fan at best....i'd been to all the big shows, but that last show i saw had me jazzed for a while

the show opener and the biggest smile i've ever seen on tom's face=call me reba on the skank

Obviously it's a phish song or more a vignette. I know I saw it performed once or twice (Halloween 95? New Years 95?). Never really cared too much for it, I was more into the eastern context like kung fu or more properly gong fu as in qi gong. As far as I recollect gong means 'work' or 'effort' and fu means 'excellence' or something like 'accomplished art'. So anybody's kung fu could be their percussion, writing, dancing, empathisizing. Lately I'm thinking life is so full of impermanence that process is all that really matters.

Archived