Jambands.ca

SURVIVOR 5- Back to Basics!!!!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

It's about that time again. You can sense in the air, you can feel it in your bones, you can taste it in your monday morning coffee... It's time once again to determine who will be Survivor!

This is the fifth installment of this game. The first two Survivors saw Bob Dylan and Jerry Garcia outlast a field of five other musical luminaries (such as Jimi Hendrix, Neil Young, Johnny Cash, Trey Anastasio, John Lennon, Miles Davis, etc...) to win their respective pools. Survivor 3 saw a small change in format when Robert Plant and Jimmy Page outlasted five other teams (including Roger Daltry/Peter Townshend, Axl Rose/Slash, etc...). And finally there was Survivor 4, where nothing of note happened. *ahem*

Moving on, with Survivor 5 we return to the original format of pitting six outstanding musical legends, each deserving of the crown, against each other. Every day your votes determine who gets voted off as we dwindle down towards crowning the winner on Friday. Your vote can be based on different factors: Minimal impact the performer has had on the music industry, personal hatred, "uncool factor", etc...

Here are the contestants:

[*]Eric Clapton

[*]Joni Mitchell

[*]Bela Fleck

[*]B.B. King

[*]George Harrison

[*]Bob Weir

NEW RULE: Through the course of the day I will post a question. An "Immunity Challenge" if you will. The first person to answer that question correctly will be able to grant immunity to one of the contestants for that day (even if you've already voted earlier in the day).

There won't be an Immunity Challenge on the last day of voting for obvious reasons.

Let the games begin!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Here is the Immunity Question for today:

Name the author of the following quote:

"... the Yardbirds actually asked me to join their band twice. They asked me before Eric Clapton had even left the band, because their manager wanted to get more commercial and Eric wanted to get more purist; their manager wanted to force him out. Then they asked me again when Eric finally left. But I was still too nervous about getting ill while on the road, and I wasn't quite sure about the politics with Eric Clapton, because we were friendly. So I recommended Jeff Beck, who I think was amazing as far as pushing the Yardbirds to the next level. His imagination on those Yardbirds albums is incredible..."

Guest Low Roller

We have a winner. The Immunity Questions will get MUCH harder as the week goes on. I was just testing the waters with today's simple question.

So Monkey, who do you give immunity to today??

since I can't vote for Bob Weir I think I'll have to go for Bela Fleck..

he kicks ass.. and though many seem down on Clapton, I don't think you can deny that he has inspired many a young kid to pick up the guitar... and it was really fun to watch him get smoked by Robbie Robertson on the Last Waltz