Jambands.ca

Lucky Skanks

MamaPink

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dinghy has also won tickets to MMW and we are really good at winning raffles like Nero's eve CD loot bad, and benefit show Dead cds.

I guess we are lucky!!! :P

Oh yeah...damn we are lucky...I also won a Victor Wooten CD courtesy of the Skank...(which I finally got a couple of weeks ago, no fault of the skank...damn nero bus!)

wow! You're all so lucky!

My dad and I go to Bingo every wednseday night. We've never won until last week I won 3 times in a ROW! All these old ladies were growling at me and one was even shaking her fist and flaring her nostrils! I gotta admit, I was real scared walking out of the hall at the end of the night. Thought a couple of the blue hairs were waiting to jump me. I made it out alive though.

Hope I win again tonight!

If you can, see if you can sit at a table adjacent to the one where the LOLs* you taunted last night were sitting, ideally so your back is to them, and then brag about last night's success to your new (tonight's) tablemates in a voice that's easily heard by the old (last night's) tablemates.

Win, lose, or draw, it'll still be shiznitually bombular.

Aloha,

BRAD (Bingo Ranting: Angst Delivery)

* LOL = "Little Old Lady".

Good idea BradM!! And if I win again tonight, i'm going to stand up and yell "In your face old ladies!"

I think that's actually going too far. It's better to (appear to) be innocently happy than antagonistically triumphant. If you win, be bubbly and exuberant, and say things like, "Isn't this fun! I've only come here a couple of times, and I've won so much! I think it's wonderful that we can all get together and enjoy all of this!" Give them something to get mad at (namely, their frustration at having a young newbie usurp what they feel is their rightful place at the winners' table), while giving them nobody to get mad at (namely, you). This will increase their frustration almost without bound.

Aloha,

Brad

I haven't necessarily "won" anything but I've been quite lucky!

1) found an ounce of pot w/ scale on the ground at the St Clair subway station in Toronto once. Oddly enough (or maybe not), looking back on it, I found it on my ex-girlfriend's birthday which was April 20th (4:20). At the time, I'd never heard of that expression though!?!?!

2) Caught Dickey Betts' head band when I was front row at the Molson Amp. the last year he played with ABB. Also caught a drum stick from Jaimoe. After the show, I opened up the head band and Dickey had even signed it.

3) A couple of years ago at the Earth Day Benefit (I think) at PJC's (with the Fatties and Diesel Dog maybe) they were raffling off all these great items but nobody was claiming the winning numbers so they started throwing the items intot the audience. Don't know what it was but I caught 4 of the prizes......then gave them all away. Prizes were a multi-colour sweater, matching m!ttens, a $15 gift cert to some record store in Hamilton and a t-shirt.

Great thread LMP!! Btw, when did gator dye his hair blue?

Btw, when did gator dye his hair blue?

when he joined the fearsome old lady gang. It was part of the mandatory initiation.

And BradM - if I'm to all of a sudden appear as a "newbie" does this mean I have to leave my scotch tape, bingo bag and 12 dabbers at home? I don't feel very secure without them.

BIN834.jpg

I don't like going to Horton's so of course I keep winning small sh!t that keeps me going back (muffins, cookies, coffees)... I'm on a week and a half long run

almost every time I'm almost broke and play Crown and Anchor I quadruple my money, but I've never won anything really big... I usually get lucky when I need to

OK, you might want to turn down the "newbie" bit a bit. (Or, alternately, play it up: "This is so fun! I mean, I've got all these toys in this neat little bag, and I don't even know what they're for!" Then go and mis-use things like the markers ["Do I have to sign the back of the card with this?"].)

Of course, if you're a known regular, the whole newbie thing might not work. Instead, go innocently idealistic, as it's almost the same thing. Show that you take the fun and enjoyment seriously (with comments like, "I mean, I don't even need to win and I'm having fun!"), which'll tick off the people who are there to take bingo and winning seriously.

Aloha,

Brad

just wondering how lucky you skanks are...

I was born, raised, and live in Canada

I am a university student

I have running water in my home

I have enough food to feed myself, and occasionally my friends

I have a job down the street that allows me to move my shifts around when my class schedule changes

I live with three friends, and I have many more

I was blessed with the opportunity to learn how to play several musical instruments, something which brings me great joy

I have parents, grandparents, a brother, sister and girlfriend who love me as much as I love them

wait for it

SO I'M PRETTY DAMN LUCKY! :D

Sorry to go all hippie on y'all, thought it had to be said though. No offense intended. I haven't won anything on RUTR yet either and I'm pissed, too :D.

shine on you crazy diamond! ;) heehee

great thread idea mir! and kinda funny you posted it, because i was just thinking about this the other day. (imagine! ;) ) i mean seriously, does anyone know someone who has won anything big in this? and i don't mean "i know a guy who knows a guy who". i don't. i know one guy who knows a guy who won a tv, but where the heck are all the trucks? all i've won this year are a couple of doughnuts, muffins, a coffee and a cookie (and one of the perks of my job is getting 2 large TH teas brought to me every day, so i haven't been that lucky at all if you compare the wins to the PLAY AGAIN!s).

i also came to the conclusion that super7, lotto 649 is rigged. i think. i mean how do they pick the numbers? you don't see the 'live' draw with the balls anymore. so it's probably computer generated. which also probably means that their computer records all the numbers of the tickets sold and then purposely takes those combinations out of the pool for the one it "randomly" draws for the winner. because think of all those tickets sold, SOMEBODY has got to get the winning number more than... well, never! has there ever been a canadian that won 20 mil? not that i've heard of!

although this:

My great uncle won 10 million dollars in the lotto.

kinda gives me some hope! where was this lottery, meagan?

unless it's rigged or they're givin' it away to everybody, i don't win sh!t. boo. ::

anyway. :D good luck at bingo tonight, pink!!!

i mean how do they pick the numbers? you don't see the 'live' draw with the balls anymore. so it's probably computer generated.

Oh dear! :: I sure hope not. But wait! Who's that scary girl who always interrupts the news to show us the balls dropping into the tube? Actually, I change the channel as soon as I see her, so they could be showing the same draw over and over. You're on to something here though.

I SMELL A FIX TOO! ::

when i was at western one year, one little tim's kiosk sold eight cups with the big screen t.v....

i personally have only one a sandbox, but my friend had to eight it.

my brother on the other hand won the 'gas for life' from petro canada...you get this gold petrocan card that has 60 thousand dollars on it, yours to spend on gas and whatever is in the store (newfoundland sells beer at gas stations....)