Jambands.ca

To all my Ontario friends...

peipunk

...and everyone else that I've met and/or hung out within the last 3 and a half years. First of all, thanks for the happy b-day, and sorry I'm so slow on that; haven't been online much but I hope to be able to check in here semi-regularily to keep up with all the shenaningans (and there are lots of those).

It seems like just yesterday that I was packing up the Astro van to move to Toronto. Until I start to remember the bits and pieces...... hey, its coming back, wait a second, I did a ton of shit since I moved up!! Moved into the Beaches, was unemployed in Toronto, tried to get Downtime gigs, did I think 3 East Coast tours in the first 6 months, spiraled into debt, started landscaping for my cousin in Toronto, worked my ass off while doing gigs, started to meet more and more people, including a band called nero, downtime broke up, I joined nero, and immediately plunged into whirlwind rollercoaster of 2 years of gigs and parties(and some landscaping in between).

I can't write a fraction of the things that happened in those two years!!

The biggest thing has been hitting me hard for the last few months.....I met people that I am going to know for the rest of my life!!!

Toronto area people, I must apologize; I didn't visit ANYONE this winter (although I promised that I would). But believe me it wasn't a conscious choice. While I was doing the snow maintenance job (high maintenance spots I might add) in Toronto all winter, I might have gone out 3 times that weren't work related. I wasn't snubbing anybody for anybody else, I was home sleeping!! Everytime I see Kevin Breit and the Sisters, I say to myself, "This is why I love music..." and vow that I will never miss another show that I am physically capable of going to.....but I got to see one set all winter. That stat's gonna haunt me for a looooong time.

Ottawa folks, to be blunt, I call many of you best friends. The first night I drove to Ottawa to practice, I arrived at 4AM and said to Dave, Jay and Kyla who were up waiting, "Are you my new family??" And that is what everyone has become. I am not gonna go into names or anything furthur into this now; you all know who you are. I'll be up to visit, you devils, and oh, thanks for humoring me with about 5 going away parties (don't blame me- as if 40 Main needs a reason to have a party)!!

I would love to keep going, but I am a terrible writer and have only posted half of the things that I have written out on the Sanctuary, so I better send this soon before I delete half of it or just start over. So many stories, Southern Ontario, you guys rock, everyone who came out, or hung out, or chatted, I'm gonna miss you all. Margot and I are settling in on the Island, things have been going great, I'm getting a fun little rock band going with a couple of old friends that I grew up with, but have a couple of fill in gigs before, been working lots partying a bit on the weekends and keeping it real.....

Hopefully see everybody soon, until then, I'll try to keep up with the board a bit here to stay in the loop and maybe shoot the shit once in a while.

peace and love

chris buote

p.s. so i'm working at my dad's building supplies store today and i reach into the desk to pull out my first purchase order and what number is it??? 401401. funny.

Edited by Guest
I don't know how to spell or how to do smiley faces

awwww punk.... I love you both and I'm going to miss you both.

Now it just seems so real. You guys are far away. But....you know how easy it is to feel close to everyone and allow us all to feel close to you. The internet magic man! Photos, stories, jokes, regular connections are at your fingertips.

First of all...great to hear from you Punk! And we miss you already. That smile and laugh of yours though will always remain in my memory! Can't wait to hear another "HEY HEY-EY-EY-AH-HA-HA!" from you!

Secondly...I'm an idiot! If any of you have noticed the edit at the end of punk's post by booche - well that was me, and I meant to do it under booche's post. Many apologies. Let that be a lesson to me (and anyone else who posts under someone else's login)...first time I played sneaky guy and I fugged it up. Kinda funny how I was trying to poke fun of booche and ended up making an arse of myself! Sorry...

Right on my brother... glad you are happy and getting on with life... will never forget when we met at the Go station in Whitby to truck on down to Kingston for a Nero gig... non working heater in the Astro van made for a mighty cold trip... luckily the fireball and doobie made for a great trip...

btw.. would u sing more you pussy!

And 5 Punks last night parties eh... that rivals someone i know...

Edited by Guest

Well two of my favourite Punk memories are:

1. Party at the Nero mansion a couple of winters ago, where spontaneously, as people arrived and walked into the living room a big cheer would go up, "Heeeeyyyyy !!", growing louder with each arrival. A couple of hours later you were doing waht i can only describe as some sort of gorilla dance around the kitchen- hilarious !

2. Seeing you from about 100 feet at Evolve in 2001, again with a loud greeting and the two of us kicking off our shoes 30 feet into the air. only it was easy for me, wearing sandals- you were wearing boots or something but managed to do it anyway...

3. Sitting up top of the tower with you and Tungsten at CTMF, pretending we were the old men from the Muppet Show, "What, you call this music!?!?"

As for Margot, well there were numerous memories from Kingston, mostly at Bouche's and Wackamole's old place, 99% of which had a Grateful Dead soundtrack... love ya baby !

Take care of each other and we all hope you make it back for visits

Edited by Guest

From one of my first friends in PEI to becoming a flatmate (brief) in the beaches and gettin' "jostled" in the Astro Van, you always bring a smile to my face....mainly 'cause you're funny to look at!!!

I hope to be back east sometime this summer and expect the red carpet to be rolled out end to end on that damn bridge that should have never been built because there have been too many Islanders crossing the waters....

You left without picking up the Nero/D&T/Sisters Euclid package. Bouche thanks you... No worries, I still have your copies and some stuff for Goati.

Keep Well and look after your girl,

Sitting up top of the tower with you and Tungsten at CTMF, pretending we were the old men from the Muppet Show, "What, you call this music!?!?"

that may very well be the best thing i've read on the internet. :D

chris, i'm sad i won't get to run into you anymore, you always have such a friendly smile on your face, and you're one of those people who is always a treat to encounter. i hope you and your lovely lady enjoy a beautiful time out east, and you'd both better come back here for visits!

happy tree climbing

:)