Jambands.ca

just got back from stones.......

meh....

i got 2 tickets to this thing...

but my friend bailed on me...

so i went down solo, its unfortunate one of the tickets went to waste.

so i got in....phenoix was jammed.

the stones came on...at first i was totally into it....probably cuz the energy in the room was great.

but after about 10 minutes i got pretty bored.

left after about 25minutes...my feet were hurting me, and i just didn't want to be in there anymore.

oh well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously that is the MOST IDIOTIC shit I have ever heard (you're the bong tester right?). First of all there wasn't anybody outside the venue you could have just given the ticket to? Second there wasn't anybody on the board you could have put up a last minute post to that would have RUN down and met you at the venue. Third how did you get these fucking tickets? I really hope you didn't line up for 20 hours then bail after 10 minutes. How in god's name could you have not stuck it out for a fucking hour of your life if only to be able to say that you saw the Stones in a small club. I'm sure you'll say that your whole life but conveniently leave out that you left after just shy of a half hour because your FEETSIES hurt. Somehow I don't get the sense you'd leave a moe or Cheese show for the same reason though huh. I am incensed.

Even if you aren't a fan, there really is no excuse for leaving the show after 25 minutes. I hate Genesis with a white hot passion, but I'd stay to the end if they played the Phoenix...and given Timmy's setlist post, you left in-and-around the country blues masterpiece Dead Flowers. I don't get it at all.

Edited by Guest
Out of sheer anger

Dima buddy, I'm disappointed in you. There are people who would have given a testicle or so to be there. Christ, M's probably still celebrating. Its not so much about the performance; its more of a celebration of the fact that people can live like that for so long, i.e., the booze, the drugs, the women, and still be alive and treated like heroes! Oh well....

From the Globe and Mail:

For a practice session it was incredibly polished.

From the costume changes to the spot-on perfect lighting sequences and the half-dozen slick musicians backing them up, the Rolling Stones gave 1,000 fans (minus 2 complete fucking morons) in Toronto an intimate hour they will not soon forget.

The band started with a couple of tunes from their latest release Rough Justice, including the title track, but when they launched into She's So Cold and Mick Jagger tossed his blazer to the stage, the show was well under way.

Many who crowded onto the floor in the Phoenix Concert Theatre on Sherbourne Street in Toronto had waited outside for ages -- some as long as 24 hours -- to get a ticket for the tune-up gig before the Stones hit the road for their latest world tour.

Others, like Justin Orfus, stood outside the downtown venue after the show started and got a chance to slip in for the last six songs when a producer noticed the club wasn't full.

"It was like the gates of heaven opening," Mr. Orfus said. "It was unbelievable. It was the greatest rock and roll band in a room of 1,000 friends," he said.

"Coming in and seeing Keith Richards and Mick Jagger on my right, it was surreal that these gods of rock would descend on such a small venue. People in here need the Stones."

Apparently, the Stones also needed the people.

"I'd like to thank everybody in Toronto for being so welcoming to us," Mr. Jagger told the cheering room.

"The attention boosted up our egos for the tour."

Mr. Jagger managed a couple of costume changes while encouraging audience members to follow his gestures.

Among the songs the band performed -- including Sweet Baby Mine and a rarely heard live performance of Dead Flowers -- the band did a cover of Bob Marley's Get Up, Stand Up, which went over especially well with the crowd. They ended the show with Brown Sugar, then slipped in a lively encore of Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Olga Kobylansky turned 55 waiting in line, telling her husband she had "a date with Mick."

Her husband understood. Ms. Kobylansky said she last saw the band nearly 40 years ago and she's more excited this time.

Ms. Kobylansky was one of more than 1,000 people waiting to attend the unscheduled event.

Many said they had caught wind of the concert while hanging around the band's rehearsal spot in north Toronto, at a school in the Davisville and Mount Pleasant area.

Skippy Shay, 38, a Philadelphia resident who runs the fan site stickyfingersjournal.com, said the rumours of the concert had begun circulating as early as Saturday.

There were cheers as a convoy of vehicles carrying the band arrived and then more jubilation as the doors opened at 8 o'clock.

"They're old dinosaurs but they're still picking it up," said Al Lalli, who's in his mid-40s. "Younger bands take note."

The Nova Scotia group the Trews was scheduled to open last night for the Stones, a coup for the band that has not yet released its second album.

The Stones tour officially begins Aug. 21 in Boston, where Black Eyed Peas will open

From the Globe and Mail:

From the costume changes to the spot-on perfect lighting sequences and the half-dozen slick musicians backing them up, the Rolling Stones gave 1,000 fans (minus 2 complete fucking morons) in Toronto an intimate hour they will not soon forget

hahahahahahaha knocked me on my ass again booche :o thanks for the report

Why is everyone on his case? Everyone on this board has left during a show that they felt was sub- par. I think that even if the Stones played a terrible show last night, people would still be blowing sunshine up their asses because of all the hype. At least he is being honest....

meh....

i got 2 tickets to this thing...

but my friend bailed on me...

so i went down solo, its unfortunate one of the tickets went to waste.

so i got in....phenoix was jammed.

the stones came on...at first i was totally into it....probably cuz the energy in the room was great.

but after about 10 minutes i got pretty bored.

left after about 25minutes...my feet were hurting me, and i just didn't want to be in there anymore.

oh well.

you get my vote for jackass of the year!!

Why is everyone on his case? Everyone on this board has left during a show that they felt was sub- par. I think that even if the Stones played a terrible show last night, people would still be blowing sunshine up their asses because of all the hype. At least he is being honest....

All of what you say is true. Except it's the ROLLING STONES. In a club. In Toronto. And it's the ROLLING STONES.

AD

I don't really give a shit that much, but I'm just saying that this was a rare, special occasion to see one of the most famous bands of all time.... I don't give a flying fuck about the performance, if you weren't a huge Stones fan, you probably should have gave your tickets to somebody who was. But, after all that, I won't call you any names Dima! Maybe you should not post it the next time this happens!!!