Jambands.ca

Trey lashes out against fans throwing stuff at him

Basher

Nickelback announces tour finale in Ottawa

--------------------------------------------------

Rock superstars Nickelback will kick off 2006 with a Canadian tour that starts in Prince George, B.C., on Jan. 17, and ends in Ottawa on Feb. 18.

Tickets to the Corel Centre concert go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Corel Centre box office and Sports Experts locations in Ottawa and Gatineau.

For credit card orders, call Capital Tickets, 599-3267 or 1-877-788-3267, or go to www.capitaltickets.ca. Tickets are $39.50 and $49.50, plus applicable surcharges.

Opening the show is the American band, Live.

A pre-sale for American Express cardholders starts at 10 a.m. tomorrow.

I really don't understand the impulse to throw shit at a band while they are performing... What drives people to do this?

I can think of lots of Phish shows where I've seen dudes whipping glowsticks with all their mite, at the band. Why would you want to hit the band members with shit, that you paid good money to see perform?

Damn kids!

Only once have I had the urge to throw something at a band... and the object would have been my right hand.

It was the lead singer for the Toronto " punk " band The Chickens on Rememberance Day four years ago when they opened for The International Noise Conspiracy @ The Reverb. The Chickens singer ranted about WWI and WWII and Canada's involvement and that poppies were a symbol of pro-war and anyone who wore one was pro-war.

He was booed, but that wasn't enough.

Ironically, the Swedish communist activist and anti-war punkers The International Noise Conspiracy praised Canada that night.

What about the chucking of glowsticks in the audience? How that is supposed to enhance a show is beyond me. I wish a was a ragaholic on steroids so could beat the living crap out of the next skinny little dipshit who figures whipping glowsticks up in the air, in front or behind him is cool. Or shake the little bitch who gathers 20 of them to chuck them behind her, wacking people in the face. fucking hippies with non-existent attention spans.

my point about venue's was not supporting the throwing of crap....

just a point about his fans and his music.

he should book higher class venue's...it would work better for him.

but I believe this incident happened at the Warfield in San Francisco, which is a beautiful historic 2400 seat theatre, akin to Hamilton Place or Shea's.

Only once have I had the urge to throw something at a band... and the object would have been my right hand.

It was the lead singer for the Toronto " punk " band The Chickens on Rememberance Day four years ago when they opened for The International Noise Conspiracy @ The Reverb. The Chickens singer ranted about WWI and WWII and Canada's involvement and that poppies were a symbol of pro-war and anyone who wore one was pro-war.

He was booed, but that wasn't enough.

Ironically, the Swedish communist activist and anti-war punkers The International Noise Conspiracy praised Canada that night.

It's uncanny that you would recall this story. The band I was in at the time, The Liquid Gooey, played downstairs at the Kathedral the same night the INC played the Reverb in 2001. The bass player from one of the opening bands made some awful 9/11 related comments for which he was booed. It was only 2 months since the event and people were still pretty sore, I guess. He said something to the effect that the U.S. deserved what they got, because they were a big bully. Anyway it's funny that those two things were on the same night, in the same building.

It's uncanny that you would recall this story. The band I was in at the time, The Liquid Gooey, played downstairs at the Kathedral the same night the INC played the Reverb in 2001. The bass player from one of the opening bands made some awful 9/11 related comments for which he was booed. It was only 2 months since the event and people were still pretty sore, I guess. He said something to the effect that the U.S. deserved what they got, because they were a big bully. Anyway it's funny that those two things were on the same night, in the same building.

I and the people standing near me were in total shock which slowly turned to outrage. The singer's comments didn't help anyone warm to The Chickens' set... and The Chickens were a fill-in band for The Hives who couldn't make the gig.

I've never grasped the notion of "I love this band, let's throw stuff at them!" ever since I saw idiots whipping shoes at Green Day during Edgefest II. And I was just a wee stoned tyke then.

I'd like to think people were just reacting to the atrocious song, but that doesn't excuse it. Sometimes I think "hippies" as they exist at Phish concerts, Slip shows, jambands shows in general, are further from their image than almost any other concert fan.

I would never throw things at a concert. I caught a frisbee in the head at a Rush show back in the 80s. It really hurt. It was a high-quality frisbee too, so I kept it.

As far as Nickelback goes, I wouldn't go to their show, but if I did I wouldn't throw anything. I did see them at Zaphod's in 1999 along with maybe 30 other people, but that was before it was cool to hate them.