• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show of the year:

Hu Noo at the Dirty O in Antigonish

Top 3:

Stan Rogers Folk Fest -- Rheostatics, Issac & Blewitt, Ryan Leblanc, Ray Legere

Evolve Festival -- Surprise Me Mr. Davis, Steve Kimock Band, Chris Brown Citizen Band, Classified, Les Paiens, Vorcza

Halifax Jazz Festival -- Bill Frisell, Hot Toddy, Issac & Blewitt

Honorable mentions:

K-OS and Peter Elkas at the Marquee

JSB, Wassabi, Slowcoaster, and BNB at the Sunseeker Festival

Many Slowcoaster shows in Antigonish

1.Basher - Moe.down 6...I believe his set set something like this

2:00 start time

Veggie dog>couple of fruity drinks> tequilla Shot->fruity drink>3 smokes> several tequilla Shots*>the BET**>hero size shots->Violent Femmes-> Violently Ill***

Encore: No Encore

*-with extended "slugging from the bottle" type jamming

**-in a surprise move claimed his set would continue well into the night

***- Had to leave the stage due to complications of the phyical nature, but not before imparting some lasting memories that all of us would not soon forget :)

lemme hear a hell yeah if you enjoyed this performance!

HELL YEAH!

Honestly, that may have been the most dramatic denoument I've witnessed live. Still gives me chills to think about it.

1.Basher - Moe.down 6...I believe his set set something like this

2:00 start time

Veggie dog>couple of fruity drinks> tequilla Shot->fruity drink>3 smokes> several tequilla Shots*>the BET**>hero size shots->Violent Femmes-> Violently Ill***

Encore: No Encore

*-with extended "slugging from the bottle" type jamming

**-in a surprise move claimed his set would continue well into the night

***- Had to leave the stage due to complications of the phyical nature, but not before imparting some lasting memories that all of us would not soon forget :)

lemme hear a hell yeah if you enjoyed this performance!

First of all, I would like to thank all my fans. Without you, and boatloads of Tequila, none of this could have happened.

I am now accepting applications for a documentary crew for moe.down7.

1. Cream @ Madison Square Gardens Monday October 24, 2005.

I dreamt that I would one day see Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton live on stage as Cream ever since I began to love music so long ago. After this definitive supergroup and power trio was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame back in 1993 I thought my dreams could become a reality. But as the months after their induction became years with no tour my dream faded.

Until when this past year Clapton convinced Baker to come out of retirement and play with Clapton and Bruce for a few more shows.

That I was able to be in attendance at the first full Cream show in North America since November 26, 1968 might one day go down as the most special and unique concert that I will ever attend.

Let alone that the three men now all in their sixties performed, as well if not better than nearly all the musicians I witness on a week to week basis that are a third of their age is a testament to to the greatness of those three artists as individuals and as a collective group.

Here is my full review of the show:

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/226110/

2. U2 @ Air Canada Centre Monday September 12, 2005.

Often just because something is the biggest doesn't necessarily means it is the best. I believe in the case of U2, more specifically the 'Vertigo Tour' the biggest is the best (Since their 'Vertigo Tour' was the highest grossing concert for 2005 at $260 million. This tour was obviously the biggest).

It is not often that I see the crowd sing word for word ever song old and new of a band, U2 was and still is that band.

I have never seen a band twenty-five years in that are as significant as U2 and doubt I ever will.

Bono, the Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr. inspire like few others before them both with their music, but also their significant lyrical content as well. Only the Beatles that have touched the world with both their music and lyrics more than U2. That says something.

3. The Rolling Stones @ The Phoenix Wednesday August 10, 2005.

I don't know if I will ever pay $100 plus to see the Rolling Stones in an arena or stadium again after this tour (There are many variables that will come into play, including if the Stones ever start changing their setlists again as they did during the 'Licks Tour?' and who will be opening for them). That being said I will gladly wait in line again eighteen hours and pay only $10 to see what many describe as 'the worlds greatest rock and roll band' in a small club.

That night specifically with Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards having nowhere to run on the small stage of the Phoenix (Mick Jagger can run all he likes for all I care), those two great guitarists stood shoulder to shoulder playing off one another for the entire set. It was beautiful to see and hear.

Later this year at the other two Rolling Stones gigs that I attended at Lansdowne Park and Rogers Centre Keith and Ronnie were often as far apart on that huge stage it sometimes feel like they weren't even on the same stage.

Here is my full review of the show:

http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showtopic.php?tid/223967/

Tim

Edited by Guest

1.Micheal Franti and Spearhead w/ Ganga Giri, Stephen Franke and Noises from the Toolshed in Cumberland, BC.(on the baseball field right in the middle of town, complete w/ camping. Kick Ass!!!)

2.Slow Nerve Action @ the Cambie in Nanaimo

3.Shane Philip @ the Velvet Underground in Nanaimo

Hon. Mentions: Corb Lund and the Hurtin Albertans @ the Queens in Nanaimo & Burt Neilson Band @ Steamers in Victoria

1. String Cheese Incident Summer Camp - August 4~6, 2005 - Horning's Hideout - North Plains, OR

2. Garaj Mahal (Saturday Late Night) - June 18, 2005 - Bonfire Music Festival - Spirit of the Rainforest Amphitheatre - Ruby Lake, BC

3. (tie) Umphrey's McGee - May 19, 2005 - Richard's on Richards - Vancouver, BC

Sound Tribe Sector 9 - May 4, 2005 - Richard's on Richards - Vancouver, BC

Lazlo Hollyfeld Dec 3rd POJC

JFJO - either day from MaY 24 ctmf

I DON'T KNOW, THE CHODE TALKERS OR SOMETHING

i hate capslock

by far the worst show i've seen this year, probably ever was Lotus.

LOTUS are so fucking terrible that the next 5 bands to play that stage after them suck too. don't see this band unless you're going to throw sharpened keys at them.