Jambands.ca

your top 3 shows of 2005.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Stripes @ The Molson Amphitheatre 9/16/05

My Morning Jacket @ The Guvernment 10/19/05

The Soundtrack Of Our Lives @ The Elmocambo 03/26/05 - TSOOL's surprise Toronto gig hours after their Guvernment concert was a drunken mess... and I loved every minute of it.

Honorable Mention - Blue Grassy High 07/01/05

Some of these memories are awfully blurry, which suggests that there were in fact great shows:

1. Pretty much everyone I saw at the May 24 CTMF (Smokestack stands out particularly);

2. Kevin Breit/Sisters Euclid - Mavericks, June 10;

3. BNB/Caution Jam-jam, Lose Yer Shoes.

But this is hard to boil down. I'd also want to add Sharon Jones, Silverhearts, and Diesel Dog shows as well.

My top three so far:

3. Rheostatics- April 6th, Antigonish, NS.

2. Surprise Me Mr Davis- Evolve; Aug 28th

1. Black Crowes- Hampton Beach, NH; May 13th(Set 1) + 14th (Set 2)

Honorable mentions to Trey in Boston this summer, and in Maine this fall; Rheos in Fredericton; Joel Plaskett at the Cellar; Little Feat at Harvest Fest; the rest of Evolve; Shoreline and Sunseeker.

Sean

Let's see...

Honourable mention goes to Canada Day at "that place", and I have a hopeful feeling about Burt Neilson Band - 2005-12-31 - Mavericks, Ottawa, ON getting on the list I'll be able to make on 2006-01-01.

Aloha,

Brad

Hmmm, this year was a banter year... so many good shows... but I'm going to have to say:

1. Wilco/MMJ: Metropolis Montreal

2. ABB - Molson Ampitheatre

3. MMJ - Guvernment Toronto

Honorable Mention: Bonnaroo; Pearl Jam - Ottawa; Roy Ayers, Seu Jorge, Hot Toddy, Ottawa Bluesfest, Surprise Me Mr. Davis, Slowcoaster

Oh God, how can I forget Umphrees>Xavier>Keller>Franti>Keller McGee

Edited by Guest
What a year!

1. Phil Lesh and Friends (w/ Scofield) - Albany 12/5

2. Michael Franti & Spearhead with The String Cheese Incident (on-stage together, unannounced late-night show) - Ottawa (Babylon) - 7/13

3. Jurassic 5 - Burlington, VT - 10/21

Edit to add: Honourable Mention to the Stones at Frank Clair Stadium.

Edited by Guest

Many involve The Spades...w/The Golden Dogs, w/The Sadies, w/The John Henrys, but #1 would be:

05/26/05 @ The Aron Theatre in Campbellford, ON

Travis Good of the Sadies opened the night (backed by the Spades) and then rejoined The Spades for 4-5 songs of their set. Hearing James and Travis rip into Neil's Powderfinger was an absolute rock 'n' roll wet dream.

Big show: The Rolling Stones 2005-09-03 @ Magnetic Hill, Moncton, NB (I expected it to be a bit of a joke, it BLEW AWAY my expectations and every other show I saw this year)

Club show: MMW 2005-11-03 @ Toad's Place, New Haven, CT

Bar show: Stars 2005-01-19 @ Paramount Lounge, Moncton, NB

Honourable mention to the Black Crowes (5/13 & 5/14) in Hampton Beach NH, Bill Frisell at the Atlantic Jazzfest in Halifax and Vorcza (9/17), Sadies/Frontier Index (9/30) and Buck 65 (9/22) all at the Manhattan here in Moncton.