Jambands.ca

Concert etiquette / offenses

StoneMtn

If I'm sober enough I always do a quick look behind me to see if I'm severely blocking anyone. At TulipFest this year at one point I joined a friend and a peek over my shoulder showed me I had stopped right in front of a guy in a wheelchair. Two steps to the left and it was all good.

i witnessed a couple going at it sometime during the late 90s (i think) at a neil young concert at molson park... they were on a blanket and had another blanket over them... some idiot kept throwing stuff at them..

as for tall guys, people can't help it if they're tall, nor should they be expected to be a 'nice guy' and move for shorter people... i think. if you're short, and there's a tall guy in front of you... MOVE!

"The Pisser"

My worse experience at a Phil show in Darrein Lake. I felt something wet hitting the back of my legs, thinking someone had spilled their drink I turned to give them an empathetic "that sucks" kinda look, only to catch a guy shaking off and zipping up. I was so shocked I could'nt even speak before he ran off.

No kidding eh? The same "pisser" incident happened to Todd and I when we saw the Dead at Darien Lake. And we were in the stands. Buddy was just flying on something. After splashing us with his urine, he shrugged innocently and asked if he could have a toke off our doobie.

I am always in for sharing, but I figured that was legitimate grounds for disqualification...

as for tall guys, people can't help it if they're tall, nor should they be expected to be a 'nice guy' and move for shorter people... i think. if you're short, and there's a tall guy in front of you... MOVE!

HALLELUIAH BIRDY!!

however, I do hate audience percussionists, and clappers.. dont get me started maaaan.

I think most of us can agree that the tall thing is not really a reasonable complaint. If you can't see over someone, take a step to the left or right. If that someone was genetically prone to grow tall, he/she shouldn't be penalized by having to always stand at the back of the venue.

What are we supposed to do? Line up the dance floor from shortest to tallest, beginning at the stage? Not practical.

Now, "The Pisser" is another story...

hahahaha! I thought of that; and you are correct.

That signature is temporary; probably only for the next day or two. I should almost put a disclaimer there with it, because I don't feel the same way as the DJ who wrote that.

I just think his conclusion is funny.

You know what - I don't think the "player" gets a fair rap.

I always look for cute girls to dance with. I don't grope them. And if I discover that they're actually with a guy I dance with him too. Have I met women this way? Yes. And it seems perfectly legitimate. I already know we're into the same things.

Now if thats the only reason you go, thats a little different. But admiring beauty should be acceptable.

At Nirvana in Detroit in '93 my buddy got pissed on in the back of the mosh pit. He being this scrawny fella, turned around to see this big skin head type just pissing away all over his jeans. It was tight as fuck so he couldn't exactly move AT ALL and had to just shrug and turn back around. The way he told us the story after was hilarious... very ho-hum-ish.

Anyways, that's the first I heard about someone peeing on someone else at a show! :D

PS: It does suck really bad when you have to insanely pee but know you aren't making it anywhere near the proper facility!

I'm one of the tall guys up in the front... Anyways, while up in the front 'listening' to the music this guy is talking to someone on his two way... at the bar behind us. I feel like a rather large prick now but I 'danced' the guy back to his friend at the bar. When it comes to people 'upfront' B.S.ing, I can be a bit of a jerkoff.

I am in recovery and have vowed that when in this situation again... I will move.