Jambands.ca

Trey+Mike jam with local Tdot band tonight at club!!

Tenenbaum

Awesome. You have easily identified yourself as the last douchebag on earth I ever want to meet. Some self-aggrandized pseudo-promoter calling his party the "privacy" party is just about the most classic term I've ever heard someone call their own party.

Wow, guestlist for the "secret" Trey/Mike show in Toronto. And no cover? You must have shelled out a whole lot of your unearned cash for this event. And you've been doing this for 7 years? Hahahahahaha. You've been hanging on the coattails of a coked out sleazebag for that long?

Here's a reality check. In the world of guestlists, secret gigs, and hanging with celebs, last night was the lowest on the rung.

Dave Matthews is playing this summer. I hear he likes privacy parties.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

been a while since i posted...HI everyone. figured i should post before hunting down those who havnt sent their skank exchange present yet.

anyhow...

i'm pretty regular so probably wouldnt of fit in anyhow (at the party).

i feel enough time has passed to share...that at one of these parties in the t-dot, a phish member (i wont say which one, as, well lets face it this is gossip, but true gossip) took my friends girlfriend to a park, at which point she performed various acts on him. Needless to say my phriend finds out, they break up (Unfortunately or fortunately as he is happily married now).Needless to say my friend is a big head, seen probably about 50-60 shows, and goes home only to stare at the band members poster on his wall.

:crazy: :P}:(:(:P

crazy privacy parties. weird science.

The party did seem to be invite only...Though i saw alot of people there who aren't in the Phish scene. So i wonder who was doing the inviting. Of course it could have been friends of the venue and staff as well. But none of the staff other than me have even heard of Phish.

For the record the management and staff of Century room would have LOVED to have more people in. The place was quite empty and they had to send a few bartenders home due to lack of business. There were definately some booths not sold. But it was a private party and the guy who put it on was cool and understanding. I guess they just wanted it to be small so the guests would be comfortable. There were a number of local heads there. So count your blessings those that made it. For the rest of you, it was just a half hour jam you missed.

i'm not sure what the big deal is. some parties are PRIVATE. Don't hold that against anyone.

Seems like Trey had a great time last night as he mentioned a huge thank you to those that put it on tonight as well as thanking GrooveYard and also playing THESE EYES tonight due to a request from some folks from last nights party.

Sounds like it was a great time.

For the record, I did not post about this last week. I found out, through coincidence, that the person who throws this party is an old family friend that I have known since he was 8 years old. He was thanked, by name, by Trey tonight, and I know the boys had an awesome time.

The only way I knew how to contact my friends while at work was to post about it, and as soon as I realized that it was a bad idea, I posted no details and no one was willing to pay, I deleted the thread.

I was very lucky to be taken care of by the organizer, as wwas my companion, and I thanked him again tonight.

Why all the bitterness?

Guest Low Roller

I wonder if Trey and Mike had a blast because they didn't have to deal with the whole "scene"? I can imagine that being surrounded by hundreds of tripped out phans proclaiming your mastery over them can get pretty tiresome.

Anyways, a private party is a private party, and even so, Basher did try to get y'all in and got no response. Don't blame the organizer, blame yourselves.

This thread is fun. :)

well... i think the bitterness comes from the "holier than thou" attitude that is associated with said events... not to mention the class move of posting that those who were on the list "should be on list".

to me, the ideology of a "privacy party" is the antithesis to what the scene is or should be about, but hey... that's celebrity!!!!

i don't want to be bitter about this - i really don't - but it was mentioned several times during last night's show and it felt like i was thrust back into high school. obviously not in the "know" and to be 100% honest, that really sucked.

the show was great, i am glad they came TO, even happier that it seems like they enjoyed our city, but i would rather have not known about this party...

one final note to the popular, connected people who organize these types of events, please keep your lists tight, the mouths of your guests even tigher and as a favour to the rest of us ask the bands not to mention it during the show.

Edited by Guest

Not that it matters now but it's unclear from this thread whether this was a free party or a $400 per booth party.

And when Trey name drops the party during the next night's set it's not so private anymore is it? That sounds like a shitty thing for him to do.

I'm not bitter I didn't get invited or anything, if I wanted to see Trey and Mike et al I would have been in Toronto and not Ottawa, just didn't seem very classy for the guy to post what he did.

Every party I have from now on where I don't invite someone, I'm gonna call them the next day and tell them about it. And call them a prick.

AD

You know what - the party was FOR the boys, and they had a great time. They thanked the whole city for it with last night's show. That's all that matters - the rest is bullshit.

I swear I'm not trying to be a dick but... do you think you would say the same thing if you hadn't gotten into the private party?

Guest Low Roller

I think we need to explore this entire topic all over again...

Trey, Mike, and the social elite are better than you. Discuss.