Jambands.ca

Mega DVD give-away day 5 - *CLOSED*

Esau.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, reading the first post of this one will really help people. Seriously.

I can't really wait for the morning & since its now friday anyway what the hell right...Ok folks, its the last day of the DVD give-aways, so I've put together in my opinion a great collection to finish it off with. I hope this makes sense & works.

This time though, things will be a bit different in order to win. All the multiple posting makes it sorta boring, so heres how it'll go this time:

[color:red]POST AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT, BUT YOU CANNOT MAKE ANY DOUBLE POSTS.

THERE MUST BE POSTS FROM TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE BEFORE YOU CAN POST AGAIN.

BREAKING THIS RULE WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED!

Also, to make things a bit more interesting I've picked 4 random numbers already & whoever hits those numbers will be able to select whatever show(s) (2 DVDs in total) they want from my list, although if you do hit that number and accept my offer you'll be out of the running for the big package (if you accept, please don't post anymore), but you can pass it on to the next person in line, ultimately knocking them out of the running, should they choose to take it and then hope your post is the number selected for the full package. But, you could also end up with nothing!

When one of these numbers is hit I will contact the person via PM, hopefully ASAP after they post to see if they want to accept. If not I will ask the next person (next post) in line, all I ask is that you keep it to yourself until after this is over so no-one knows if they have been hit yet.

Since its friday and the last day for me doing this, I'm going to let this run until sunday oct.22 @ 11:59pm & announce the winner sometime monday. Now for the goods - 12 DVDs in total!!:

name that tune..

half a tea-cup of bass

a pound of fat-back drums

4 table-spoons of boiling springfield guitar

a pinch of organ

half a pint of horn

I would say Memphis Soul Stew by King Curtis' date=' but the orginal recipe calls for Memphis Guitar, so I'm wondering if maybe StnMtn has the right answer

[/quote']

Collectivly its right. From "Simpson's Sing the Blues", the song titled Springfield Soul Stew

All corniness aside, until the 12 bar blues kicks in this song is really good. as a kid it was one of the numbers responsible for making me want to pick up the bass. Last night i learned the guitar riff, hence my post about the song...And I actually have never heard the original