Jambands.ca

Backstage stories?

Chewie

once time, i was at a show at the acc, chiing back stage with the band, ( not going to say who) a freind of mine was running the catering company and got me in. me and the preformer were smoking some j's and waht not, when we ran out of bud. he asked me if i could get them some and I said yeah, considering I had more in my car.

So I told the guy that i'd go grab some, and he said he'd come with me, so we had to walk downt his hall to get into the underground parking, and we opened a door into a hall, and at the other end of the hall was another door, and we went thew the first door, it closed, and the door at the end of the hall was locked, it turns out that after a cirtant time all the doors in the acc lock down.

so we were stuck in this hall, neither of us had a phone, there was a cmaera on the wall and a fire alarm button, we sat there about 30 min, talking, smoked a few j's and took turns banging on the wall.

eventuall just as we were considering pulling the fire alarm, someone with a key card walked in the hall and let us out, after that i spend the whole show on the side of the stage, watching them jam

the artist i was with definalty liked to burn one down

I was in Rochester, NY seeing Chris Berry and Panjea, opening up for Soulive. Jammed out hard during Panjea's set then after the show talked to them at their merch table. I was talking to one of their horn players and we were connecting pretty good. He told me to fallow him and he led me backstage. My crew I was with were invited as well, and we spent the whole Soulive set side stage and back stage, partying in their bus's. Cool thing was when they said "We have fridges full of beer, drink our beer!" so we got wasted on their account all night. Best part was when I ventured into the bus at one point and got to jam with a couple of the band members. They had a sick acoustic bass and I think I creamed my pants when I was jamming on it with them.

All in all, those guys are blessed cats, have so much respect for the music and people, and spread an incredible positive word all around.

Check em out http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=56179868

Go here and scroll down until you see the youtube video from the Rochester jazz festival and you can watch me groovin at the show

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=29865446

when i did a mini sadies tour out east i always got stuck in the bathroom after travis. that guy's shit stinks baaad. they know how to 'light up' a party though. not that i do that. but they also like to 'drink.' so that's good with me.

This one time I was sitting, writing out the setlist for that night, casually having a beer with my bandmates, and a whole bunch of our friends marched right in and started gabbing to us like we gave a damn what they were saying. It was annoying.

Best post I've read in a loooong time.

I once lent Art Garfunkel my Rhoades electric piano. It was a last minute thing and led to me going to the show.

So I was bringing the piano back stage and then I saw Art getting his bow tie done by his assistant. He seemed to be quite flustered.

Anyways, I guess she didn't do it to his satisfaction because took one look in the mirror and turned around screaming at this girl calling her a f'ing useless c*** and so on and so forth. It was a pretty extreme reaction and set the stage for what was a really really bad show. TO make matters worse there wasn't a pile of booze to go to town on back stage.

oh boy...

i guess one of my favourite nights would have to be partying in the green room with Woody HArrelson and Ed Norton one night in NYC at a DSO show. I puffed those guys up but good! Woody is a solid guy.

I've shared my nugs with lots of great folks backstage...Sam Bush, Sanjay Mishra, Mountain Girl, Vince Welnick...

I once had to push Randy Bachman out of my way in order to meet Neil Young as he was being led through the room I was in at a post-Governor-General-Awards-Party.

... and for those who missed it, I think Jared gave us a very significant clue as to who it was that he wrote about during his first post in this thread:

the artist i was with definalty liked to burn one down

Here's a kind of embarrassing one. I did a radio competition once on a dare. The 12 winners got to drum on stage with Shania Twain. I won. Got to play my Djembe @ Copps in front of a sell out crowd. That was all cool, but Shania is freakishly short!! Like 4;11" or something.She's remarkably unattractive without her makeup, and her changeroom had a white plush carpet running into it, and smelled like roses. They converted the Bulldogs dressing room into a 5 star suite for this lady! Anyways, the funny part is, We were given stickies as opposed to laminated passes. This just wouldn't do, so 4 other winners and I went to the mall, and got them laminated. Then bought lanyards so we could wear the passes on our necks. ( I said it's an embarrassing story) We then went to that Burger place behind Swiss Chalet by Copps, where we told the cashier that we were shania's band. She comped our meals on the condition that we sign a placemat for her. If that girl is on here......sorry. My signature is worthless honey. :P