Jambands.ca

SLOWCOASTER!!! wow. mind. blown.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's an implied comparision IMO' date=' and will lead to the opinion these guys are trying to expres, which is in fact just that an opinion, that has been extrapolated to say the roots is the truth and the youth is bunk, which I am reputing.

Deeps[/quote']

A- that doesn't make sense

B- if it did you'd be wrong anyway

The complexity of your answer is not up to snuff and therefore not good enough to respond to.

Too easily repeated.

Deeps

Ps My wording my last post was poor and will be editted forthcoming.

good Lord, all I said was that listening with your feet might not be a good way to set yourself a high standard for music but hey that's just me. I said nothing about any band in particular. I said dick-all about any "old vs young" argument. And I don't know how Brian Hamilton got mentioned in this, he hasn't made a single post so far here.

Keep on doing what you're all doing. Hopefully that pot of artistic gold is right around the corner.

There's an implied comparision IMO, and will lead to the opinion these guys are trying to expres, which is in fact just that an opinion, that has been extrapolated to say the roots is the truth and the youth is bunk, which I am reputing.

Deeps

I still fail to see any "implied comparison" in this thread to Fat Cats or "roots is truth, youth is bunk". Sorry, but I just don't see it. I have noticed though, this is a recurring topic for you, as this isn't the first time you've posed that question in some form or another.

People like what they like.

On comparing the Fatties to SlowCo...unnecessarily admittedly.....

There's an implied comparision in some of the other members posts IMO and an explanation I hope would expose that that saying that SlowCo is not good is completely derived from previous likes when watching the earlier generation of the Jambands (NERO, BnB, Fatties).

These likes seem to have been extrapolated to say the roots is the truth and the youth is bunk, which I am reputing, because I'm tired of some of the elements that are easily spottted in the afformentioned bands and the people who tell me how ground breaking it is.

Mixing jazz and ska while giving a minimalist lyric is ground breaking.....singing me a song about a fucking train is old and in the way when I bring it into where I'm at right now.

I like both under certain circumstances and can discern between the 2, but try not write a band off because I wasn't in the mood for it.

Deeps

There's an implied comparision IMO' date=' and will lead to the opinion these guys are trying to expres, which is in fact just that an opinion, that has been extrapolated to say the roots is the truth and the youth is bunk, which I am reputing.

Deeps[/quote']

I still fail to see any "implied comparison" in this thread to Fat Cats or "roots is truth, youth is bunk". Sorry, but I just don't see it. I have noticed though, this is a recurring topic for you, as this isn't the first time you've posed that question in some form or another.

People like what they like.

People do like what they like...and this debate was destined to get tired.

I do tend to bring this up, it's a point of interest to me and not completely off the mark sometimes.

Calling Steven from SlowCo a wanker and likeing NERO, BnB and The Fatties unabashedly is a conflict of interest and not seeing that Steven is ahead of the game in terms of the quality and approach to the instrument in some realms is well IMO ... blind.

Edited by Guest

There's an implied comparision in some of the other members posts IMO and an explanation I hope would expose that that saying that SlowCo is not good is completely derived from previous likes when watching the earlier generation of the Jambands (NERO, BnB, Fatties).

Seems more like an explanation your trying to invoke, more then expose to me.

Edited by Guest

Calling Steven from SlowCo a wanker and likeing NERO, BnB and The Fatties unabashedly is a conflict of interest and not seeing that Steven is ahead of the game in terms of the quality and approach to the instrument in some realms is well IMO ... blind.

Since you want to make the comparison, he was one of the worst lead guitarists playing in a elongated solo-style band that I have ever seen! Its that fucking simple.

At least I aint deaf.

all I know is have really enjoyed many a Slowcoaster show, and this last was my favorite yet by far... was quite blown away by the Steve's guitar work and vocals but actually mostly blown away by how far this band has come in the few years I've been checkin them out... simply a great band

the controversy appears to be elevating them to Bus/Wassabi/Slip loved/hated by all status

All of which would make sense to me, except for the fact I have read just as many (probally more) bad reviews/opinons on here about each of those bands as I have about SloCo.

Sorry man, but I still don't get where your going with this. What I see is alot of people like/love SloCo and a few don't.