Jambands.ca

SLOWCOASTER!!! wow. mind. blown.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn your spanish.

Yo no comprende!

Furthest ingredient but an ingredient nonetheless and keeps me interested. Plus their drummer's a monster....dunno I just think they're very talented and fun to listen to.

Deeps

Edited by Guest

Well, considering they focus much of their attention to recycled ska-driven grooves while not really doing them justice all the while forcing us to listen to an inadequate quitar player delivering mindless solos until the next what you people are calling a 'hook', I would say that pretty much sums up suck.

They got really old, really quick.

Hey, if ya'll want to ruin another band by constantly telling them how great they are, go right ahead. How are we going to see progress if 'its all good brah' ? I have seen the future thanks to each of your pasts.

It's friggin Rock Music. That's it, that's all. Nobody's running around saying they're the Slip or anything. They're a good party band in a bar. Good lyrics,pretty good musicianship and lots of good time energy. Why does everybody have to analyze so damn much? Leave the analysis to Luke, everybody else, dance.

What is with you people and The Slip?

I just don't get it.... Every band that might be good, inevitably gets compared to The Slip as though they're the end all.....

They're just another jamband, better than most, worse than many.....

I don't think it's anything more than an inside joke of the message board.

Leave the analysis to Luke' date=' everybody else, dance.[/quote']

this sentence pretty much sums up why so much of this "jamband" music sucks so much hard smelly ass.

there, I said it.

[color:purple]yeah, listen with your feet, not your ears!

What would one need to do to meet the criteria of good?

I think some of you are tired of jam music in general, and the only people that pass the test are those whom you've grown to love because you were previously much more trashed at bars and used to let how they made you feel dictate their credibility.

You likely would have liked these young bands who you label as failing today when you were younger, but your needs have changed.

I just simply fail to see the superiority of the Fat Cats, BnB's or Nero's catalogue with that of Slowcoaster, JSB, or GTB.

All provide fairly cohesive tunes with memorable movements and lyrical brilliance right along side lyrical fallability don't they?

Please elaborate.

Deeps

I just simply fail to see the superiority of the Fat Cats, BnB's or Nero's catalogue with that of Slowcoaster, JSB, or GTB.

All provide fairly cohesive tunes with memorable movements and lyrical brilliance right along side lyrical fallability don't they?

Please quote from the nero tunes that display "lyrical brilliance" (or lyrical anything for that matter). ;)

Aloha,

Brad

It's friggin Rock Music. That's it, that's all. Nobody's running around saying they're the Slip or anything. They're a good party band in a bar. Good lyrics,pretty good musicianship and lots of good time energy. Why does everybody have to analyze so damn much? Leave the analysis to Luke, everybody else, dance.

Im with you. And plus, beats the shit out of hearing a crappy bar band do covers of Mustang Sally, Another Brick in The Wall and/or a slew of other classic rock songs that we hear all day on the radio anayway. Even worse is when they mix in current top 40 tunes like Green Day songs, or Snow Patrol. Oh, biggest pet-peve - What I got by Sublime. C'mon people, please stop.

While some of you may think these Jambands suck, just remember, down the street, or right next door even, there's a bunch of assholes either fuckin up Rockin in the Free World, or trying their damndest to emulate Stain.

And yes, Marco and Hamilton, it is much better to have a band try to emulate Phish.

I just simply fail to see the superiority of the Fat Cats' date=' BnB's or Nero's catalogue with that of Slowcoaster, JSB, or GTB.

[/quote']

Please quote from the nero tunes that display "lyrical brilliance" (or lyrical anything for that matter). ;)

Aloha,

Brad

My bad they were a late add and kind of stick out in this list...either way I don't recognize them as superior in any of tenets of composition in such a degree that would deem all that came after them missing the mark any more than they did during their tenure.

Deeps

i find it interesting that a lot of 'jambands' have some very intricately composed sections of music. see phish, nero, umphreys etc...

the labels are dumb. there is lots of good music out there, lots of bad, and TONS of average stuff.

agree with booche too. weird.

::shakes head in amazement::

Deeps- let's put this in perspective for a moment- you, if i understand correctly are in a band, yes?

At your next practice, just for fun, try:

A- to cover a Sloco song

B- then try to cover a nero song

Report back afterward and we'll see how things went.

My prediction would be that the Sloco song went pretty well, you were able to lay down some 'funky/reggae/groovy' rhythms and enjoyed singing the interesting lyrics, then when you tackle the nero material... well you came to the realisation that yuo'd need to work on the changes and possibly your chops for a while to get it down reasonably well

Daveyboy, just because a band is easy to replicate doesnt make them any less tallented than another band. For example, just cause playing a Wilco song may not be too difficult it doesnt mean they are any less talented then a band that has many difficult composed parts.

i can't believe i disagree with daveyboy... jakis is right, and what he said is completely obvious... daveyboy, what happened?

you saying the worth of a band is dependent on the wankness of the song structure?

[color:purple]

that damn hack neil and his "Helpless."