Jambands.ca

allison appreciation thread

NewRider

I think it might be that I look good in CONTRAST!!LOL

But thanks, all-and Aaron I love you too.I'm proud of you.See ya Tuesday.

Timouse-I still owe you your cat carrier!!!I'm so sorry! I think of it now and then and have shame!

Since this is my thread (sort of) ,four things that rocked about today;

1. One of my oldest and best friends had their first baby a few weeks ago who was born with a congenital heart defect.Baby had a major heart operation last week,spent a few days with her heart literally open to the world, a few rough days after her little body fought the morphine but as of today she is off the ventilator and free of tubes.As a parent my heart broke, as a friend my heart broke, but this little tiny spirit fought and won.Amazing,beautiful human spirit.

2. I had a meeting today with a woman who, having never organized a meeting, belonged to a social organization, been political etc, at the age of 82 singlehandedly organized a citizens meeting with speakers, walked all over the area talking to everyone and anyone, made her own flyers-all to protest a private developer assuming control of an environmentally sensitive local water habitat and public treasure, and ensuring citizen representation at the OMB hearing.It's never too late to fight for what you believe in, to fight to make the world better.

3. My boss picked a friend of mine up from jail this morning, got said friends car out of impound(paid for it) and drove her to work.Beyond the fact its hilarious that anyone has to choose between calling in sick or calling in "I'm in jail"-my boss is also an awesome woman.Being dumb and getting in trouble is blessedly fun if you've got the right people around to share the laughs( and bail you out)

4. It's Friday!!

Life is awesome!!