Jambands.ca

What Bush said about school shooting today..

shainhouse

Some would argue that if one of the other students was armed then the shooter might have been taken down earlier. Not me, but I've read several comments like that today.

That was one of the lines thrown around after Columbine, too.

Apparently the University of Utah had to fight in order to keep the campus gun-free after the state virtually mandated all of its citizens to carry weapons to bring down the crime rate.

I think they call this a "sign of impending civilisation collapse".

However,

Drive by stabbings do a lot less collateral damage than do drive by shootings ...

Those lobbying to have students armed (how about legged?) to avoid situations like this is ass-backward. We're ending up with an arms race within US society. You get a gun, I get a gun. You get a semi-automatic, I get a fully-automatic. You order an armour plated Hummer, I get a tank. Putting out fire with gasoline ...

how can you call it insensitive? do you know the question his spokesperson (not Bush) was answering? maybe the question was 'does the president still believe in the constitution and the laws of the country?"

stupid argument to be having

A White House spokesman said that President George W. Bush was horrified by the rampage and offered his prayers to the victims and the people of Virginia. “The president believes that there is a right for people to bear arms, but that all laws must be followed,†spokeswoman Dana Perino said

Not really trying to defend GWB here, but that was his spokespersons comment. Of course he supports the constitution, he's the president.

The transcript of what he said is here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/