Jambands.ca

Single skank roll call

The Chameleon

Single is OK for a while and allows you to be your own person. It is important to live a full life on your own for a period of time. It is empowering to be self-sufficient. Everyone should do it at least once.

Eventually, however it becomes an unhealthy and dark place.

Bottom line: Single is fine, if you have some dates here and there. If you don't being single fucks with your mind..

As with everything in life balance is key.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can identify with you Chameleon - I'm going through a much need single time - I keep optimistic about the future relationships and I try not get caught into thinking negatively about myself - I think that you are right about finding the balance - but I feel we are walking into some of the best years in life - single or not this world is so full of opportunity and experiences - I'm so excited about the work I do that I know good things are to come.

Single is OK for a while and allows you to be your own person. It is important to live a full life on your own for a period of time. It is empowering to be self-sufficient. Everyone should do it at least once.

Eventually, however it becomes an unhealthy and dark place.

Bottom line: Single is fine, if you have some dates here and there. If you don't being single fucks with your mind..

As with everything in life balance is key.

this is opinion not fact. i've been single for awhile and there is no darkness, infact never been happier or at a better place.

Good relationships can be really, really good and bad relationships can be really, really, really (note the extra 'really') bad. I say hedge your bets accordingly.

bradm already said the really profound stuff.

mister slippery -- not sure if you are just kidding? if you need to talk or something, I've got ears.

Good relationships can be really, really good and bad relationships can be really, really, really (note the extra 'really') bad. I say hedge your bets accordingly.

bradm already said the really profound stuff.

mister slippery -- not sure if you are just kidding? if you need to talk or something, I've got ears.

kind of you, might take you up on it.

and no, not kidding in the slightest, life is a series of trainwrecks.

I really liked what brad said.. happiness is key. I have definately had struggles in the past and been a verrry unhappy single gal.. but it's soo much better when U just put it behind U.

Besides... to beat a dead horse with a stick..

'it always happens when ur not looking'..if your happy with your life... ya never know where the path may lead U..

focusing on what U dont' have will just give U more of what U don;t have...

'it always happens when ur not looking'..if your happy with your life... ya never know where the path may lead U..

One of my favourite lines of this thread. Well spoken.

Sure, some people are "built" for quick pickups; I've never been there myself, but know enough stories to know that it's not all it's supposed to be cracked up to be. Thing is, if you compromise what you're really capable of, as a full human being, for the sake of getting/having/preserving a relationship, it's only going to lead to grief. People need one another, ultimately, as they genuinely are, in their own realities, not in one another's phantasy about what they're supposed to be for one another; there's a need for authentic surprise around what we're all capable of.

Sorry - my mid-late, middling-tippled, Sunday night thoughts.