Jambands.ca

New Years Eve!!!!

OB1

I'm with Basher, as far as the over-hyped/over-priced thing goes.

Not sure what I/we will do but I sincerely hope I don't find myself at a club again for the zillionth NYE in a row. A house party, a cottage, a street corner.... anything but a bar for NYE this year. The last couple of NYE's have been torture.

I'll most likely be ringing in the new year with a few close friends in a cabin in the Adirondack mountains. Can't think of a better way to do it. I think the only NYE I've been at a bar/show for was DSO in Burlington a couple of years ago. Good times, but I much prefer low-keying it on what is a largely irrelevant night.

I'd love to hit Panic in Hotlanta, but flights there are so pricey in that period, mostly because Hartsfield is a huge hub, and many Florida flights to/from the Northeast stop in Atlanta. BUF-ATL for Panic right now has a lowest fare of $330 round trip. Too pricey.

NYE is just another excuse to party. Take it or leave it.

I agree, but when it's "just another excuse to party" for so, so many people, it becomes rife with overcrowding and price gouging, as far as it goes as a night out. That said, I've always had great luck with lower-key NYEs or house parties, so I've never felt the need to hit the town.

They've gotten as low as $300... which is $280cdn... lol.

I think we actually have a team driving this year - 15 hours... Road trips can be fun!

I'd love to hit Panic in Hotlanta, but flights there are so pricey in that period, mostly because Hartsfield is a huge hub, and many Florida flights to/from the Northeast stop in Atlanta. BUF-ATL for Panic right now has a lowest fare of $330 round trip. Too pricey.

NYE is just another excuse to party. Take it or leave it.

I agree' date=' but when it's "just another excuse to party" for so, so many people, it becomes rife with overcrowding and price gouging, as far as it goes as a night out. That said, I've always had great luck with lower-key NYEs or house parties, so I've never felt the need to hit the town. [/quote']

I agree about the price gouging, I just think it's cool that everyone's out on the same night, more or less.