Jambands.ca

Stuff to do in Winnipeg?

Douglas

when I was there last you could order beer from some bars after hours at drive throughs, just like fast food... Neil Young's bar/cafe The Blue Note is worth popping by, ordered a quarter of kind off my waiter when I was there (not positive thats always possible but the locals I were with tipped me off on it)... buying a car in Manitoba is recommended by many, no salt (so little rust) and good prices... music gear was cheap when I was there too... I really liked the used book stores I visited there, lots of bizarre 50's pulp fiction magazines I'd never heard of (or heard of since)

there are a lot of mall walkways and indoor corridors that come in handy anytime after winter sets in (they truly don't call it Winter-peg for nothing, walking at 20 kms/hour down a sidewalk is called the Winnipeg Shuffle)

and of course, get good and loaded... when in Rome... ;)

I have a couple of friends who live there..let me ask them..you never know, locals might have some tips!

Note: I spoke to one of our regional directors there yesterday...and, as expected, it's bloody friggin' cold there right now!

And it seems even colder in Winnipeg because of the wind (on the prairie)...brrr...gives me the shivers just thinking about it!

The Magnum pictures are always funny. It's odd how the ideals of attractiveness change over short periods of time. Look how hairy Magnum is and compare that to the shaved-chest boys that are the standard of hot now. Personally, i like a fine balance. Guys are hairy because of testosterone and to me hair is a sign of verility. I kinda like hairy, but don't like clogged drains, so show me a guy with some hair but not a yeti.