Jambands.ca

I'm going to Costa Rica!!!

Large Marge

coooool...a lovely spot :) don't remember the name of where i stayed there but there are cheap and nice rooms if you'd rather not camp.

there is a national park that you can hike some trails in, it's pretty (rainforest and views of the coast). TONS of monkeys everywhere and you'll also see lizards, agoutis, raccoons. sloths if you're lucky. there is a town over the hill (quepos) which wasn't much but had internet and some restaurants and whatnot. that's about all i got.

i think meggo lived there for awhile...?

Edited by Guest

I camped out with my ex the Twirlin' Diva in 2006 - we statyed on the beach in St. Theresa -at the Rainbow campsite by Cafe Zen - we also visited Monezuma and a couple of other small towns.

my brother was living down there for 6 months and of his travels around Costa Rica - he found that area the best for surfing and chill party community.

My parents just got back from visiting that same park (Manuel Antonio) - they just loved getting their pictures with the monkeys and sloths!

enjoy!

it was a while ago but first night stayed at a 5 dollar per night kinda gross but usual place, then the next two nights the girl i was with and i splurged for the $40 buck per night place which was awesome (rooftop pool where can watch the sunset).

i saw a sloth and armadillo there.

going into the park we we warned that you might have to get wet to access the trail...we laughed cause it was like ankle deep water for maybe twenty feet....then we laughed harder on the way out cause it was up to our shoulders!

going into the park we we warned that you might have to get wet to access the trail...we laughed cause it was like ankle deep water for maybe twenty feet....then we laughed harder on the way out cause it was up to our shoulders!

hehe i remember having to leave the park by boat. no way i'd have swam (after seeing all the crocs by the roadside in jaco), you're a brave man!

i think meggo lived there for awhile...?

i did i did! just for a month, but it was sooo awesome. is your sister's resort called "si como no"? i didn't stay there but one day we pretended that we were, and hung out in the hot tub overlooking the ocean and the swim-up bar.... not too shabby!

i mostly lived with a family in quepos, but when my sister came down for the last week we stayed at a place called i believe "verde mar". we got a pretty good deal - i don't remember how much it was, probably along the lines of the $40 a night place mentioned above. it was clean and it had hot water. there were little tiny crabs in the shower and the room [not of the STD variety! :P]. also one day a big herd... flock?.. of monkeys came by and that was very entertaining. it was great because it is about a 30-second walk out your door to the *spectacular* beach. i was there in june - hot sunny days and then big thunderstorms! it was hot ALL the time in manuel antonio. it didn't really cool off at night. get ready to sweat like a fat guy.

there is a great place on the beach that was called 'mar y sombra', you can sit there and have a few beers and a casado and then walk over to the park! we had the same incident as mentioned above, where when we entered the park there was just a little stream, and when we came out it was waist-deep. i was really nervous about that water and what kind of creepy crawlies might be in it but i didn't develop any weird health problem.

there is a great spot in quepos - just one evening you should go to "hotel kamuk" - it is a best western, which i know probably sounds terrible, but they have this little balcony where you can sit and drink and watch the most amazing sunsets on the ocean while taking in the town of quepos... highly recommended.

also if you are trying to catch a bus just wave at them... there is a main bus stop in quepos but when you're out in M.A. you just flag them down. and whistle when you want them to stop. :) oh and you can drink on the bus if it's in a cup!

ahhh good times!! i need to get back there. meggo is jealous.