Jambands.ca

My new job!

Large Marge

So as some of you know I've been struggling with my career path of late and have been looking for a job that will satisfy more than my bank account. It looks like I finally found something that I love and that loves me! Unfortunately it's only a 10-month contract, but say hello to the new Sponsorship Coordinator for the Tour de Greenbelt 4-day cycling adventure!

Basically, I'm going to be helping the Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation to find community partners, sponsors, volunteers, performers and participants for 4 days of bike-tours from Niagara to Cobourg and up as far as Lake Simcoe. If anyone would like to get involved, or has any connections to potential affiliates in those areas, feel free to let me know.

For those of you who like to ride, save the dates!

September 20, 21, 27 & 28.

A big thank you to all of you who have had to endure my depressingly cabin-feverish state of unemployment, especially Cully, Vanagon Scott, FlyMyKiteHigh, Mister Slippery and UFProductions. Wish me luck with my new role!!!

Congrats Margaret.

That sounds like a perfect match.

I am somewhat affiliated with CONE (Coalition on the Niagara Escarpment) as well as some of the Biosphere Reserve groups that are located along the escarpment. Some of them might be interested in partnerships. I could pass along contact names, etc. if you needed/wanted. Also could likely put you into contact with people involved with STORM (Save the Oak Ridges Moraine Foundation).

Can't think of a better person for the job!

Sweet job Marge.

I'd try connecting with:

The Otesha Project www.otesha.ca (I've worked with them in the past if you want help tracking down the right person),

the Toronto Cycling Committee http://www.toronto.ca/cycling/committee/ (my bro is involved if you need a contact),

and the Community Bicycle Network. http://www.communitybicyclenetwork.org/

As for performers why not contact Sarah Harmer? She's done lots of environmental work in the escarpment-region and can likely hook you up with other like-minded musicians.

Best of luck girl!