Jambands.ca

New QOTD: First Favourite Song?

Patchoulia

Music was played in my house constantly, too.

Though my dad was of an older generation and his favourite records were of the Glenn Miller variety.

And I lived in a town with 1 AM radio station that played all the soft rocks hits you hated the first time around and never wanted to hear again (still their motto, methinks).

It was only when I started discovering friends parents' record collections that I expanded my musical horizons.

I was pretty sure Pat Benetar was a long lost relative. I did a mean "Hit Me With Your Best" shot impression with my red plastic microphone when I was 8.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure which was my favorite first but I remeber these ones from when I was a wee tot:

Dirty Deeds - ACDC

The Wall - Pink Floyd (I remeber seeing that album when it first cames out, it was like looking at a demented playboy)

Jesse's Girl - Rick Springfield

America by Neil Diamond

shut up, I was around 3 years old and it was what my parents listened to and I loved the song.

lol. I also had a winnie the pooh record player with such hits as the mini pops, chipmunks and many others but I don't really remember that far back, I just know that I used that record player right until it no longer worked, loved it.

Edited by Guest

My dad bought a jukebox full of 45s when I was 3; which really made me a music lover early on.

Don't bring me down- ELO

a jukebox? that is the coolest thing!! I also love that song.

The first song I recall really loving is "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" by Jim Croce.

I found these lists of the 1050 Chum Top 100 Hits for the 70's.

1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979

not sure, but i think Take The Long Way Home or The Logical Song by Supertramp were right up there. Breakfast in America was my first favourite album (with Seven and the Ragged Tiger by Duran Duran a close second).

It's hard to remember really, but I do recall my first favorite album was "Theres A Hippo In My Tub" by Anne Marray.

I can recall singing "Top of the World" by the Carpenters at an extremely young age as well as "Brown Eyed Girl" but I grew up in a country house so all my earliest memories were of Hank Williams, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Conway Twitty and the like.

You're the Inspiration - Chicago

My alarm was set to radio and when it went off I heard that song for the first time and I knew it was going to be the best day ever! I was about seven.

Do you still sing it every morning in front of the mirror? I know I do.

Probably Joan Jetts I love Rock and Roll. Thats the first 45 I remember buying to play on my starwars record player...

This was the first cassette tape I owned. I got it for my birthday in Grade 3, with a tape player from my dad. I remember being so proud of him for buying me SUCH a cool tape!! Then he revealed it was recommended to him by the salesperson..hehe..

The first song I recall really loving is "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" by Jim Croce.

pt' date='

You and I have seemed to have pretty similar musical tastes in the past, but that is just plain scary.[/quote']

hey! I never claimed to have good taste! ok, well maybe I did. but not when i was a youngun'.

i also wore out my Snoopy and the Red Baron album because - apparently - glueing three pennies to the stylus arm, to prevent skipping, isn't good for the machine. who would have ever known that!?!

I Was Made For Loving You - Kiss

I wore out the 45 (though I still have it!) on my Mickey Mouse record player. I can even still remember the b-side was "Hard Times", an Ace Frehley song.

That was a big song for me too. I had the tape, and one time I started counting along. What a revelation when I noticed that the drumroll before the solo was a count of four. I then started to understand the makeup of rhythm.

Big deal for me at the time.

the first tape i had was the smurfs, and my favourite song was 'you're a pink toothbrush i'm a blue toothbrush'. i still remember some of the lyrics, hehe

you're a pink toothbrush i'm a blue toothbrush

have we met somewhere before?

you're a pink toothbrush do do do do do

yes we met by the bathroom door

glad to meet toothbrush such a sweet toothbrush

how you thrill me thru and thru

i'll be true toothbrush true to you toothbrush

do do do do do do

something like that :)