Thursday Oct. 30 - Toronto at Lula Lounge

with TBA - doors @ 9pm

Friday October 31 - Hamilton at Pepper Jack Cafe

with the FAT CATS - doors @ 9pm

Saturday November 1 - Ottawa at Maverick's

with TBA - doors @ 9pm

FOLLOW ME FOR SOME VIDEOS

GM_promo.jpg

Touring extensively since their formation in 2000, Garaj Mahal continues to earn critical acclaim and a growing fanbase thanks to their ability to deliver serious "shut-up-and-listen" grooves. Garaj Mahal's sound – a convergence of jazz-style improvisation, mystical Middle-Eastern atmospheres, and danceable American funk - attracts music lovers from all parts of the spectrum and creates a profoundly unique experience.

The band member's virtuosity is no surprise when you look at even a few of the amazing artists they've performed and/or recorded with over the years, including Dizzy Gillespie, John McLaughlin, Sting, Cassandra Wilson, Dave Holland, Bela Fleck, Chick Corea, Steve Smith, Zakir Hussain, Edgar Meyer, Les Claypool, Trey Anastasio, Umphrey's McGee, MMW, Steve Kimock, and Michael Manring.

Garaj Mahal's previous release and second studio album, Blueberry Caveir?t=jambandsca-20&l=as2&o=15&a=B000BI0W, is the result of years spent honing their musical relationship on the road. The album was a winner in the 2007 Independent Music Awards, whose esteemed panel of judges include Peter Gabriel, Ozzy Osbourne, McCoy Tyner, Paul Oakenfold, Suzanne Vega, Cyndi Lauper, Marc Ribot, Buddy Guy, David Grisman, Bebel Gilberto, Bill Frisell , Rob Wasserman and FatBoy Slim.

google_ad_client = "pub-8241045454770105";

google_ad_width = 250;

google_ad_height = 250;

google_ad_format = "250x250_as";

google_ad_type = "text_image";

google_ad_channel ="9487450232";

google_color_border = "FCFAED";

google_color_bg = "FCFAED";

google_color_link = "003366";

google_color_url = "003366";

google_color_text = "003366";

//-->

TICKETS (incl. GST):

Thursday, October 30 - Toronto - Lula Lounge

$15.00 adv, $20, door; 19+ / General Admission

Friday, October 31 - Hamilton - Pepper Jack Cafe

$20.00 adv; 19+ / General Admission

Saturday, November 1- Ottawa - Mavericks

$15.00 adv, $20 Door; 19+ / General Admission

AVAILABLE AT (COMING SOON)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that feels weird.

why, do you have another garaj mahalloween party to go to on oct. 31? when we had new years eve on March 31 with Nero one year.

there ain't no rules when we decide together to enjoy ourselves ;)

let me know if you need any costume ideas, although I'm sure you'll win the contest.

UGGG just found out I HAVE to work this night.. grr I want to quit purley based on the fact that they MAKE everyone work on halloween..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quit for sure Sarah! Working is way overrated. Halloween without you would just be...strange.

what she said - or you know fall is cold/flu season isn't it....I think you might have to come down with something on Thursday leave work and then stay home Friday for more rest....

• 3 weeks later...