Jambands.ca

Garaj Mahal Coming to Ontario

bouche

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a GREAT night last night. Man, halloween is a lot of fun. Great energy.

My first time seeing/hearing Garaj Mahal. During first set I was BLOWN away. Holy moly those boys have some mad skills. All of them are uber talented, but their drummer was just SICK. I couldn't believe the beats he was rollin' out. Second set was good too, but my only real complaint is that they're so talented/proficient that things got a little too "notey" for my liking at times. A little more space to breath here and there could have gone a long way. But all in all a great show, and you Ottawa folk are in for a treat.

Thanks to everyone for showing me such a good time. It was soo good to get out. Oh, and Tigger thanks for the discs! Good memory my friend. Looking forward to giving them a listen.

cheers.

I just remembered they covered When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What's Still Around!!!!!!

That was fucking wicked. I certainly enjoyed the first set more than the second set now that I am reliving it in my braineurism.

if it wasm

t fpr ,e tjeuer w0i;pd bepp mp encore

that's what seh saide

I think Dinghy is trying to say that if it wasnt for him, there would have been no encore. The tapes will provide some evidence. It was one of the funniest things I have seen RD do.

Switching gears..............

I just Facebook'ed (for the first time, I am thrilled to be on Facebook) a West coast Phish friend who has worked for the Good Ole Grateful Dead at shows with the following:

"Hey man, have you ever seen Garaj Mahal? They just tore me apart tonight."

I am guessing he would love these guys and I am hoping to hear he has worked for them or he riffs about them, or he gets turned onto someone he would go through the roof for. Literally.

Edited by Guest
I have edited this a few times because I am drunk. Dont nobody be judging me.

that's it i'm moving to Ottawa! What a great bunch of freaking people. Soooo amazing to meet so many people from the board. Awesome. I really enjoyed the venue as well. Good little rock club. Garaj Mahal was easily the best show of the year for me.

Edited by Guest

OK, I've finally put my brain back together after Friday night and let me say "wow, that was some mind-blowing musicianship!" Those guys can play, and I totally enjoyed watching and listening as they go places that few bands do. It was definitely very intense and "notey" at times, and as a result I spent more time watching and listening than dancing, but wow, talk about brilliant musical chops.

Peace, Mark

that show definatley kicked my ass last night. So tight, definatley going to hit their show in canton, ny in april at the java barn.. hopefully most of you picked up their new cd cause it kicks some serious ass.. lisnted to it this afternoon.. awsome!!!

I'm so glad I got out to see Garaj again. It was a pretty laid back show and I was stoked to see the Moog Guitar in action. Fareed got that axe to play like a B3 more than I've ever thought possible. It was great to see him impress me more than ever before - especially since I've seen that guy do some crazy things on guitar.

Kai Eckhart is easily the gem in the crown of Garaj Mahal. What a perfect musician. Everything perfectly in place, perfectly complex, and perfectly stated.

I think it could be said similarly for everyone on stage last night, but it Kai did it all most effortlessly. Not saying he didn't try - but he didn't have to try. It just poured out of that hot rodded P Bass. Like honey from a hot jar, that guy kept us sweet.

Amazed again by Eric Levy's keys. A Nord Stage, Little Phatty, and a couple of Moogerfoogers...probably the most versatile keyboard rig I've heard - played so well.

I know I could google it...but I'm not gonna - that drummer! I forget his name, but I hope he'll be playing with Garaj for years to come. He has the strongest voice of the band, let alone the perfect deep pocket for this band to really let loose while a crowd just keeps on groovin'.

I'm so glad that the lineup changed, as this is the first time Garaj Mahal didn't lose me at any point of the night.

Remember - Tell your friends! I'm glad this little tour came through to Ottawa. What a real treat!

I'm so very glad I don't have anything that would make me hesitate imploring anyone to see this band. What a great, Laid back Garaj Mahal show. Tight grooves, a comfortable band, and some intense lines.

Easily the best garaj/fareed experience I've had to date.

We'll see them again soon I'm sure. They seemed to be happy to take the first step into Ottawa.

I was stoked to see the Moog Guitar in action.

I didn't even realize that there was a moog guitar! I was mostly enamored by the ibanez. When did he use the moog machine? Levy's Moog Hoodie was pretty.

garaj-mahal-6

Edited by Guest