Jambands.ca

Phish-Hampton Col-March 09???

Weirdness

Phish Phever: Local hotels already sold out for concert dates

BY CHRIS FLORES | 757-247-4738

12:05 PM EDT, October 1, 2008

HAMPTON - Phish is coming to Hampton, and its phans are making plans.

All it took was for the rumor to strengthen in Phish nation for Hampton to start selling out hotel rooms before the reunion shows were even publicly announced on Wednesday. The demand for tickets will exceed the supply, and no one will know if they have their tickets until the public sale begins (and ends) on Oct. 18.

But fans will be streaming into town for the party and possibility of a scalped ticket regardless if they have a secured ticket or not, and they were not waiting for a guarantee of a ticket to put up money for a room.

On Tuesday night, fueled by rumors but several hours before this morning's official announcement from the band, the Comfort Inn Coliseum sold out all of its rooms for March 6,7 and 8. So did the Extended Stay Hampton. And even the huge Embassy Suites.

The Ramada Inn sold out at 3 a.m. today as fans became more confident of the rumors. The Courtyard by Marriott in Hampton sold out this morning, and demand is now quickly spreading into Newport News, where Point Plaza was fielding a flood of calls today for its remaining rooms.

The supply of rooms at the large Holiday Inn Hampton Hotel and Conference Center in the Coliseum area was already taken off the market a year ago for those days, when there will be a convention that will now be surrounded by a horde of Phish fans.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my hotel and now just need the tickets!! I know they will probably play closer but I gotta see the first show back!!

Ticketmaster and their fellow scalpers will be all over this show and tickets will be expensive. I bet they are already in ebay for $250 a ticket. Not sure how that's possible but ticketmaster did that for ACDC. YEs still pissed!

If anyone booked right in Hampton please don't cancel without seeing if any of us can take it. ie. switch the names, don't cancel!

I'm guessing that the hotels that do open up after people realize the don't have tickets will be expensive because the supply and demand will be all out of wack (falsely).