Jambands.ca

Phish to add horn section, percussionist and turntables...

YearsAlongTheSea

phish with horns is my favourite phish

why would anyone be pissed at that?

also, phish halloween 96 with karl perazzo on percussion is pretty badass. but i don't think it would fit with the majority of their material.

turntables, no.

hypotheticals are great. :)

If Phish were going to get horns again I would hope they would enlist Alan Toussaint to work his magic a la The Band 'Rock of Ages'. I bet he could pull off something great. If he's still alive, I have no idea (??).

Speaking of which, you know the Wilco song "I'm The Man Who Loves You"? You know the horn section at the end, on the studio version? I've always thought that was a very Band-esque horn section. Maybe Toussaint did that, what do you think?

Allen Toussaint is very much alive and well, he released an album with Elvis Costello 2 years ago, and played at Bonnaroo. I interviewed him. He was impressed with my name. But I told him he spelled his wrong.

I don't think he was involved with the Wilco arrangements.

He has an album coming out this year

Come on....It's not like they'll get some 12 year old kid with no experience D.J'ing. They'll have a plan and make it kick serious ass. Why doubt great musicians and their skills? They have a direction and I'm SURE they'll guide us all through another serious and new musical movement.

He also wrote a tune for Robert Palmer made famous in these parts by Phish: "Sneaking Sally through the Alley".......

From Palmers debut album of the same title featuring The Meters as the backing band, and Lowell George as the producer.

Jesus that album sounds nasty! I will download it soon.

Come on....It's not like they'll get some 12 year old kid with no experience D.J'ing. They'll have a plan and make it kick serious ass. Why doubt great musicians and their skills? They have a direction and I'm SURE they'll guide us all through another serious and new musical movement.

they could put Jesus back there spinning and it would still sound like shit with Phish's music.