Jambands.ca

Roll call: Longtime head attending neither Dead or Phish shows this summer

scottieking

Can I give you my answer tomorrow morning at about 10:30?

::patiently awaiting Davey Boy's joke about "longtime head"::

haha, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fack I'm predictable

I totally started typing out something about preferring what you've quoted there to extended wankery but got distracted by– of all things– work

was thinking dead in Buffalo but thats definetly not gonna happen since work has been slow lately and I just cant afford it and also not liking what I have been seeing lately with them musicly wise.

Phish I would love to go see this summer but only if they get a little closer, I wouldnt mind crossing the border for them but just a little bit closer tto home would help me out these days.

In all said to all who is going to either bands shows this year have a freaking blast!

I'm by no means a "longtime head," but am someone who would normally be making summer plans around these shows. That said, "The Dead" don't really excite me the way they did when they toured a few years ago, and my summer plans are way too up in the air to be making plans to hit Phish shows not knowing how much of a gong-show things are going to be. If Phish announces a late(er)-summer West Coast run then I'll think about getting excited, but for now I'm happy to let the madness ensue while I sit on the sidelines strumming my mandolin.

1 dead

0 phish

i'll see phish when they come closer and the retardedness dies down. but i havent really listened to to them since coventry.

How about OB or HOB?

OB sounds great but its not in yhe budget for this guy. Boooo

I'm with you. Never been but everyone seems to say its beach weather in April. Sure would be nice to leave the snow and flurries, see 3 shows and hang on the beach.

Already got Albany Dead though...

I've had too many good times with Phish to miss another chance. Never saw GD (Phill a few times) so no plans to check out this tour. Gonna do a few UM shows though, really enjoying their energy.

I've always been more into the music than the scene, but the energy of the masses really makes the moment. That said, as I've aged having someone along for the ride has become that much more important. A chance to reconect with an old friend over a weekend of music and smoke is a welcome break from reality.

Truefully I'm almost as stoked about bluesfest and hillside as I am PhIsH.