Jambands.ca

Roll call: Longtime head attending neither Dead or Phish shows this summer

scottieking

I have admit, I am jealous to a certain extent of all the chatter/bitching about tickets and such. This is another one of those "If the old Scottie could see me now, he'd be ashamed" type moments but I seem to be caught in a perfect storm of not having the time (again March and June not great for me, JEMP) and not having the money to spare.

So I guess misery is just looking for some company here (and someone to grab me a Summer Tour Shirt!) Anyone else is my boat? Anyone care?

From the thread title I assumed you were planning on hitting a lot of Panic this year - but I think they're slowing it down for 2009 so Jimmy can do his thing.

I know what you're feeling though. I'm at that point in life where sometimes I have to prioritize work over shows and it sucks.

I'm not goin to any. Personally I enjoy listenin to them at home from time to time, but I'm not really connected with either scene (tour or music in general) anymore. I had my fun.

A Toronto show from either band may spark my interest, but thats an "if and when" type deal.

I'm not goin to any. Personally I enjoy listenin to them at home from time to time, but I'm not really connected with either scene (tour or music in general) anymore. I had my fun.

A Toronto show from either band may spark my interest, but thats an "if and when" type deal.

seconded.

Another no-show ex head here. Contemplated Buffalo for Dead but it will not happen. I was never a giant tour head saw a few runs back before the Grateful Dead finished. Only saw Phish once in Toronto was much more of a Spreadhead.

Perhaps being 40 w. 2 kids at home and a stable job is making the difference this year. I've read most of the threads about both Spring Tours but meh. Hoping to hear something enjoyable for Bluesfest this year or perhaps another show at Burl's Creek this summer.

i'm not going to any of those shows, but I never go out anymore (and I don't/can't cross the border).

If they (either Phish or The Dead) come up to Toronto I will be there, but I'm not holding my breath.

Besides, I would rather go see the likes of Measha Brueggergosman nowadays...call me old!