Jambands.ca

A message from Kim Mitchell

Schwa.

I emailed Kim Mitchell the other day to express my distaste for how he described Phish on his show the other day. This is what he responded with:

Dude ... I like to fun at my job and that’s what I was doing ... I didn’t really slag them ... I was just mentioning all the fun they could have had with their name and record titles ...

And no I havent done my homework on phish because what I heard bored me to tears ...thats just me though ...

Thanks for your note and have yourself a great day ... kim

My message was carefully worded so as not to be offensive or anything, I thought his was too :)

Good on ya for responding, Kim!

what did he say?

"Dude ... I like to fun at my job and that’s what I was doing ... I didn’t really slag them ... I was just mentioning all the fun they could have had with their name and record titles ...

And no I havent done my homework on phish because what I heard bored me to tears ...thats just me though ...

Thanks for your note and have yourself a great day ... kim"

Kim is pretty funny, I gotts to admit. I've heard him cut off Patio Lanterns towards the end saying, "God, enough already, that song drives me crazy".

He also made fun of 54-40 once by saying their music was kinda boring and then he realized why when he met and interviewed the lead singer.

But that's good stuff Schwa. :thumbup:

Edited by Guest

exactly :)

Everyday he claims at least once to be such a fan of the "prog" as in Rush or Yes or Crimson and yet he has no knowledge of Phish who has a plethora of proggy material. I wonder if he knows who Umphrey's are? they'd "prog" his face off.

LOL Schwa i almost did the same thing!! i just never got around to it. Id love to wrap a string of patio lanterns around his fuckin head that guy argh!

you k now i heard him saying the one day he doesnt even know why they invented a wahwah pedal, its so simple, its stupid is what he said, something along those lines. what a goof! think about a world with no wahwah, no shaft theme, not as kinky reggae, no voodoo child slight return.

frig kim mitchell.

and him slaggin phish makes me howl! saying how they could have been more creative with their name, well, how creative is he naming his band kim mitchell?! did ya stay up all night trying to think of that?! what a bird.

I wonder if he knows who Umphrey's are? they'd "prog" his face off.

Or bore him to tears like they do to everyone else.

When i want your opinion i'll give it to you....and if i wanted any of your comeback i'd scrape it off Davey Boy's teeth.

[color:gray]j/k brah

As for the wah-wah pedal, I didnt hear what he went on about but tell me this. Is there a more abused pedal by wanna-be guitar players?

Not to these ears.

yeah i understand that point of view for sure. it just got me all fired up hearing him say that shit. i dont really like his music to begin with, tehn to hear him go on and on about how great he is on the radio makes me wanna slit my wrists. hes a goof. if theres a good kim mitchell tune out there, i havent heard it.

Some of the Max Webster stuff is good and Kim's an excellent prog-rock guitarist. Phish aren't prog-rock, although they flirt with it from time to time. However, Kim slagging 54-40 is slightly unfair since he's never written anything as good as Baby Ran, I Go Blind and especially One Gun.

So you're defending Kim Mitchell then Booche? What, do you owe him money or something? I can just picture you rocking out to some Patio Lanterns right now and crying in your soda. Max Webster is one of the worst bands Canada has to offer and he needs to fall from his nerdy as fuck, high horse.

No Phish isn't prog rock by definition but they certainly dabble. YEM for example. Perhaps SillyProg should be the term :)