Jambands.ca

Bluesfest tonight

phorbesie

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally thought CUBE would've done all the verses. I thought the whole show overall was -- ok. Didnt seem like they had planned too much- especially for the 10 minutes Cube left the stage.

Ice Cube was a big disappointment. Only one verse of Straight Out Of Compton? I realize it's an ensemble piece but there's no way he could have rearranged it? Man, what a letdown!

Xavier Rudd's appeal continues to elude me.

Just got this in my email:

Gene Simmons adds 45 minutes to tonights KISS set at the Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest - NEW START TIME: 8:45 p.m.

The weather is fantastic, the crowd will be huge, the show will be magnificent...and now bigger, better, longer than ever!

Help us get the word out...pass it on to all your friends...more KISS tonight!

from the Citizen

Meanwhile, former Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor has cancelled his scheduled show Thursday night.

In a statement on his website, Taylor wrote: "It is with deep regret that I must announce that the US and Canadian dates scheduled for July and August will have to be cancelled, due to health concerns. During my stay in the Hospital, my physicians have determined it would not be safe for me to travel at this time. I do hope to return to the US and Canada in the future, to sing and play for you."

last night was boring all around (IMHO)

Yeah, probably my least enjoyable Bluesfest night that I can recall. Some goof running from security knocked half my beer all over me. Then I kicked over some guy's beer at the Blacksheep Stage (I bought him a new one). Plus it was super crowded. I should have stayed home.

KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apologies to the Kiss Army, but am I alone in being underwhelmed by last night's concert? Maybe it was different up in the Death Metal Mosh Pit, but apart from all the sparkly shiny things, they sounded like an OK bar band with a shortage of memorable tunes.

Sharon Jones, on the other hand, should kick serious ass tonight.

Apologies to the Kiss Army, but am I alone in being underwhelmed by last night's concert? Maybe it was different up in the Death Metal Mosh Pit, but apart from all the sparkly shiny things, they sounded like an OK bar band with a shortage of memorable tunes.

Sharon Jones, on the other hand, should kick serious ass tonight.

No apologies here... I hated it! :)

I thought KISS were pretty epic last night. I was impressed with the set list and surprised that they played the full 2:15 and still left out a few gems (e.g. Dr. Love, God of Thunder, I Want You).

Highlights for me were: Let Me Go Rock'n'Roll, Parasite and Cold Gin.

I could see not being impressed with the show if you're not familiar with the material or just not into the whole KISS schtick but I loved it.

Great crowd too with many people dressed up as KISS members, from simple face paint to full on costumes. It was pretty awesome.

Here are some photos I found on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=ottawa+bluesfest+kiss

3725473039_eaf407956f.jpg

3725138649_9c109fca5e.jpg

3725138143_842496ef58.jpg

KISS made me feel like a kid again. The first half was pretty dull and the volume was quite low but by the last third I was 8 years old and loving it.

yeah, that's what happens after you put away 8 beers. 8 years old is about right. :D

also, I left at around 9:25 to catch a bus. On the way out, I held up my ticket and heard "HOW MUCH?".

I turned around and there was an 11 year old (or younger) with his brother and dad. Well, I could have said "for you kid? $20", but instead I just gave it to him and said "enjoy yourself". He said "FOR FREE!???" The look on his face was priceless. Mind you, I bet he sold it 30 seconds later.