Jambands.ca

10 Years Gone- 7.20.99 Toronto

Northern Wish

The 10th Anniversary of me seeing my first Canadian Phish show, and I think there were more than a few of us from around here there that glorious warm, sunny, clear day down at the Ol Molson Amp:

07/20/99 Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto, ON

Set I: Chalkdust Torture, Sample in a Jar, Cars Trucks Buses, The Sloth, The Divided Sky, Waste, Ghost, Wilson, You Enjoy Myself

Set II: Twist, The Moma Dance, What's the Use, Train Song, Also Sprach Zarathustra, Misty Mountain Hop

Encore: Guyute, Hello My Baby

I remember that show well. Ended up backstage after the gig due to a conversation with the big dude who was head of Phish's security (name escapes me now). Saw Fishman and Gordon back there along with some friends. Talked to Gordon briefly ... asked him where that Misty Mountain Hop came from. He just shrugged and said "I don't know ... it just appeared and felt right" :)

Guest Low Roller

This was the first Phish show I ever listened to I think. Dave-O slipped me a Phish show at work in 2001, and next thing I knew I was pulled into the rabbit hole.

I credit Booche for feeding me my first Dead material as well. I always thought they were some sort of hair band from the 70's before that.

My first show as well. I remember trying to get out of an EI meeting because I thought I might be late for the show. The lady at Human Resources however was very hard to convince that I had an extremely important wedding to attend on a Tuesday afternoon. Made the show but missed the first 2 songs.

EDIT: Also, one of my favourite memories from the show was an ultra low note that Mike hit during What's The Use that literally blew me back like a 100mph wind.

Edited by Guest

I remember that show well. Ended up backstage after the gig due to a conversation with the big dude who was head of Phish's security (name escapes me now). Saw Fishman and Gordon back there along with some friends. Talked to Gordon briefly ... asked him where that Misty Mountain Hop came from. He just shrugged and said "I don't know ... it just appeared and felt right" :)

I have my own opinion on that, and I KNOW I have told this story on this board before, many years ago, hehe......

I was at Oswego (with my buddy Geoff who I am going to the Gorge with in a couple weeks), and after the second day, we were unwinding in The Green listening to a DJ. I was stretched out on the grass when I said to Geoff "Hey man that guy beside us sure looks a lot like Fishman". Geoff looked over and said "man....that IS Fishman!".

So that was fine, we amused ourselves for a little while by watching him smoke some doobies with a few girls, and seeing people just walking by realize it was him.

After a little while of this, the DJ, who was doing Skratch Bastid type classic rock mixes, started playing, you guessed it, Misty Mountain Hop. I immediately sprang up and started rocking the fuck out. I look over beside me and Fishman is doing the same thing, playing air drums and losing his shit!

It is my opinion that after that he went back to the boys and said "hey fellas, you know what we should do......."

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

:)

Oswego was gross. My van had a few inches of dust on the dashboard and I was covered in mud procured by the fusion of sweat and dust by the time we left...

Weird weekend; too many people doing the meatstick...

Back to your original programming...

I don't think I have EVER been filthier than I was at the end of Oswego. The drive leaving there was rivaled only by Big Cypress in revulsion factor for me.

Big John Langenstein... Been with the boys since 94 and deff the man!

Big John Langenstein... Been with the boys since 94 and deff the man!

That's IT! Thank you. Yeah, we were chatting away with him and figured we wouldn't get far. He asked us what we did. At the time, my wife and a buddy of mine, worked at a place near and dear to his heart. He asked a couple of quick questions so he knew we weren't shitting him. He gave us a big smile and told us to head right on in to the backstage party. :D