Jambands.ca

Getting Married!

Jay Funk Dawg

IMG_0567.JPG

Hey Everyone,

I'm getting married in 2 weeks, and I'd love to have some of your advice in making the wedding a special day. We're all set with the people (about 125), place (Belleville, ON), caterers, flowers, minister, bands & DJs, ushers and Honeymoon (in Quebec City then (maybe) SuperBall8 for wookiemoon).

Karen and I have had a wonderful 3.5 years together and things are about to go upside down, not because of our wedding, but Karen just got offered a Post-Doctorate at Columbia University in NYC starting in October. I'll be moving with her by the end of November, and we'll start a new chapter of our lives together in the US for 2 to 3 years.

Anyhow I'm looking for some advice on how to spice up the wedding and make things special for Karen and our families... any tips or suggestions are very welcome.

you can check out our wedding website here www.jaykarenwedding.ca - there's some nice photos of us.

thanks!

Jay

Congratulations!

Anyhow I'm looking for some advice on how to spice up the wedding and make things special for Karen and our families... any tips or suggestions are very welcome.

You could put together a mix-CD of tunes that were special to the two of you, as gifts for the guests.

Aloha,

Brad

Congrats Jay. I can tellyou what my hubby did for me on our wedding day. I will never forget it.

We were married in the early afternoon and there was a few hours between the ceremony and the party. We went home to relax for a while and there was this van in our driveway when we arrived. I wondered who the heck was going to cause me a problem on my wedding day, but it was a personal chef that Mike hired to make a romantic dinner for two in our own kitchen because he knew we'd never get to eat at our party.

So while we had ourfirst "nap" as husband and wife, dinner was being prepared for us. It was thoughtful, sweet and SO romantic.

only 5 days away!

thanks for your comments, Karen has been gone for the last two weeks, was back this weekend, I was however out of town, we spent Sunday night and Monday night together, but she's now headed to Belleville - her mom is freaking out about the wedding plans and wants her daughter there in the final stretch.

So we're working on our own vows, our speeches, the final touches to the music and schedule. It's a big ordeal - I'm so lucky to have so many people helping, including my parents, her parents, friends and family.

I just need to make sure that my bride isn't stressed out like her mom, that's gonna be horrible if she can't enjoy her day.

We have guests from Victoria, Seattle, Ottawa, Fredericton, Halifax, Sudbury, Windsor... it's going to be a pretty wild party!

Here's the musical line-up:

House of David Gang

Chamaleon Project DJ set

DJ Farbsie

High Plains Drifter

Gratefully Deadicated Soundsystem

Brad Smith (of Telephoto, Kingston)

Edo (flute, guitar)

Daniel Breault (Fiddle)

The Family Band