Jambands.ca

3 things you think are wrong with the world

CyberHippie

On a serious note, without cultural assimilation none of us would be here at all. People share... everything. After all, just cause they're a different culture doesn't mean that their not people, unless they're Chinese with their bad driving and treble based music crap!!! [big Grin]

Or German for that matter... For God sakes people, chill your beer!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:
-Cancer

That was the topic in the waiting room tonight before my radiation treatment,obviously,but with the same type question that were answering.

Thought about saying that but felt I would be whinning about my problems,since I have like an essay of thoughts about mine.

Cheers bro,was great to see ya at moe.

1. things having to cost money...i should be able to have things for free because i'm cool.

2. me not being able to read girls' signals and react quickly enough to get the right words in at the right time to get me some action.

3. people complaining about how this world sucks. we all know that greedy people are fucking shit up. let's do something about it. remember - i make a poor leader. i'm great for ideas but as a leader? i cna't handle being put on the spot. especially for typographical errors.

1. A system based on individual greed to move the "market". -- who thought that would be a good thing..."I know, if people are greedy lets multiply that greed by itself and then everything will be ok"...

2. The loss of reverence for the Earth-mother, and likewise the mental seperation of man and nature. And on the same token, the patriarchical Judeo-Christian hierarchy which allows for "individual" sin and a loss of community feeling.

3. Lack of cultural assimilation. This will stop tribal war and potentially allow shared conciousness and the spread of positive ideas.

I beleive the cultural assimilation thay the rest of you are against is very specifically a consumer-based culture which is being spread without thought, and which I am also against. But I am very much opposed to individual ehtnicities and communities who refuse to open their minds to outside possibilities, and who will fight to the death to support their own group.

to clarify: i'm not cool with the 'you-Tibetans-are-now-members-of-the-Chinese-population-your-'Tibetan'-land-has-and-will-always-belong-to-China-and-by-the-way-in-China-your-religious-practice-is-illegal' kind of cultural assimilation --- the kind that destroys culture - not the kind where we all share and learn from eachother with willing hearts.

• intolerance of difference (religious, cultural, etc.)
  • any child, or indeed any person who does not have enough food to eat
  • people who don't like Rush

Okay, okay, I'm just kidding about the last one. I'll replace that with disease - Alzheimer's, cancer and AIDS are currently tops on my list if you want to get specific.

Peace,

Mr. M.

obviously, there are bigger fish to fry, but many have already been mentioned... so to avoid listing the same shit over and over again, i will add:

- the playlists of almost every single radion station

- the amount of media coverage devoted to 'bennifer'

- the fact the 3 good things about the world thread only has 11 posts and this one is on 45 and counting [smile]

what's wrong with fake tits??

there's nothing inherently wrong with false breasts. some women don't like the way their bodies look. why get down on them for that?

I restne how people pass judgement on things that they might have a beef with because it doens't fit with their moral/ethical view from a narrowminded perspctive.

what could be a lot more genuine a dislime rather than fake tits could be the media and how it's driven people to not be happy with their personal image.

don't be down on inanimate objects. justdon't get a boob job.

or get one to show people how ridiculous it is.

but you've gotta let me touch 'em.

Archived