Jambands.ca

One more lawyer in the Sanctuary

Hartamophone

A lawyer's dog, running around town unleashed, heads for a butcher shop and steals a roast. The butcher goes to the lawyer's office and asks, "if a dog running unleashed steals a piece of meat from my store, do I have a right to demand payment for the meat from the dog's owner?" The lawyer answers, "Absolutely."

"Then you owe me $8.50. Your dog was loose and stole a roast from me today."

The lawyer, without a word, writes the butcher a check for $8.50. The butcher, having a feeling of satisfaction, leaves.

Three days later, the butcher finds a bill from the lawyer: $100 due for a consultation.

Probably my favourite yet, DB. If you keep it up I'll have to put you on the payroll.

what kinda lawyer are ya gonna be? how many lawyers 'round them parts?

There is actually just about any kind of legal work you can imagine in Yellowknife. Aside from being a city of around 19,000, it's the main centre for government and commerce (including mining) in the three territories. There is also a distressingly high amount of criminal work available.

All of that being said, I'm unsure of where I will end up. I am currently a free agent, looking at Yellowknife, Ottawa and a few other spots. Fun times!