Jambands.ca

What's your Job?

Deeps

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper I'm a Communications Studies student at McMaster, but if you know me you know what a joke that really is. I work part-time at the campus radio station as the Audio Production Coordinator, where I write, produce and voice all the advertising spots and on-air promotions, produce programming, and train people to pre-record their own programming.

Oh, and I'm also a multi-instrumentalist with three musical projects on the go, as well as a producer and composer I suppose, having recently licensed a series of instrumental compositions. Oh, and a band from Moncton asked me to join on pedal steel this week. Look out East Coast, I may be in a whole new line of work in your neighbourhood soon...

I have more hats than I can handle at the moment. It's interesting but way too stressful.

I'm in my 2nd year of a PhD in Education and International Development at McGill, I teach in/for the Faculty of Education to undergrads here and now overseas as a consultant, I work for the faculty as a technology and education guy (help build online courses, train instructors, etc.), I work part-time for the United Nations Institute for Training and Research in their Climate Change Programme. My new year's resolution is to stop getting roped into new projects.

moral of the story: never admit to anyone that you are good at anything ;)

Where there's a will...

You called? ;)

I'm into sitting and slouching mostly. Sometimes I record music and spend hours figuring out how to upload it to archive.org. Other times I obsess about the tags on my MP3s and work to clean them up.

get a job you bum - why don't you think about using those techy talents and maybe even start up your own company or something like that - be you're own boss - you'd solve the slouching problem you mentioned - get up off your ass you'll feel good about yourself!

I recently went from being a pipefitter to being a night shelf stocker. Change is good, i really dig my job, I can dance around listen to my own music, act like a fool and i am my own boss, no one looking over my shoulder, I get to make my own breaks, create my own overtime or lack of said overtime, write my own schedule, and work at my own pace. I live 10min from work (walking through a park that has a river with the cleanest blue water around) from work.Have a nice view of the mountains.Not to mention I can pay the bills, eat like a king and have spending cash left over.

Good to hear you're kickin' ass and takin' names out West brother!

I work in post-secondary education at Sheridan College in Oakville and at the Ontario College of Art & Design in Toronto. I am an instructor in first year textile arts and a studio technician. I love both my jobs and am grateful to be working in my desired field, which is quite small. I am also an artist and have an at home studio.

I'm a full time music promoter. Perhaps you've been to a show I've helped produce? I'm considering it an entrepenuership... trying to set up a comprehensive music production company and trying to get those number in the spreadsheet to lose the brackets and the red colouring. The numbers might not be going in the right direction, but with all the crazy advances in technology, it's like the whole industry is the wild west, and we're all just scrabling around making claims! "I swear there's gold in them there hills!"

I'm also lobbying for an eighth day of the week, or for Toronto to physically shrink %25 so I can get around it faster.