Jambands.ca

Neil Young + Wilco tour?

dave-O

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because we all know that Canadian tours only go as far east as Montreal.

Looks like I might be inserting foot into mouth in record time - The Coast reports Neil Young at the Halifax Metro Centre on Nov. 29.

Holy fack.

I saw Neil w/ the Horse in Halifax last time they played there in 1996. It could very well be one of my favorite concerts of all time. It was right after the Hamilton halloween show when he busted out some sweet rarities. I was right at the very front of the stage. At the time Halifax didn't have a ticketing system so if you wanted tickets you had to camp out to get them. After waiting in line for 30 odd hours I scored some front row tix. I was so pumped to see the show I remember not having any pre-show cocktails because I didn't want to miss a second for a pee break. I was so into it. I remember getting down like I've never gotten down before. My mind was totally going into orbit when they played Sedan Delivery. I love that mountain funk! I was so close I called up to Neil and asked him to play Bite the Bullet. Neil looked at me and said they haven't been playing it. He proceeded to go into a little huddle with the Horse and he gave me a nod and Poncho started singing it. This is probably my favorite moment at any concert I've ever been too. The horse was really feeding off the energy of the crowd that night. I remember a women throwing her bra on the stage and Pocho picking it up and was beating it off his guitar for a feedback solo. The Halifax show was going the same direction as Hamilton with the extened encore but during Tonight's the Night some drunk idiot tried to jump on the stage and freaked Neil out a little bit. Neil cut the song short and they left the stage. I'm pleased to hear Neil is making his return to the Maritimes.

i was saying that to a buddy last night. I'd love to see Wilco have a kicass starting slot and then have Neil come out and join them. Wilco as Neil's band ... sweet!

Saw a great show years and years ago like that with The Odds opening and then being Warren Zevon's backing band. Same with the aforementioned Neil and Pearl Jam.

Bring it on.

10/14/2008 Xcel Energy Center St. Paul, MN *

10/16/2008 MTS Center Winnipeg, MN CANADA *

10/18/2008 Brandt Center Regina, SK, CANADA *

10/19/2008 Pengrowth Saddledome Calgary, AB, CANADA *

10/21/2008 Comcast Arena Everett, WA *

10/22/2008 GM Place Vancouver, BC, CANADA *

10/29/2008 Cox Arena San Diego, CA *

10/30/2008 The Fabulous Forum Los Angeles, CA *

11/01/2008 Events Center Reno, NV *

11/04/2008 Sprint Center Kansas City, MO *

11/05/2008 Qwest Center Omaha, NB *