Jambands.ca

Phish Summer Tour Announced!

Basher

PHISH ANNOUNCES SUMMER TOURDATES 04.13.04

Phish will perform thirteen concerts this summer in two short legs - eight shows in June and another five in August. The June concerts kick off with a special two night run at Coney Island's Keyspan Park in Brooklyn, NY, home of the Brooklyn Cyclones minor league baseball club, and also include a long overdue return to SPAC in Saratoga, NY as well as two-nighters at old favorites Deer Creek and Alpine Valley. In August, the band returns to Great Woods for two shows and to the Tweeter Center in Camden NJ for one night.

From there, we are hard at work seeking necessary approvals to stage a festival in northern Vermont the weekend of August 14 & 15. The process is going well and we hope to announce definitive details before the end of the month. Stay tuned!

June 17 KeySpan Park, Brooklyn, NY

June 18 KeySpan park, Brooklyn, NY

June 19 Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY

June 20 Saratoga Performing Arts Center, Saratoga Springs, NY

June 23 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN (Deer Creek)

June 24 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN (Deer Creek)

June 25 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI

June 26 Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI

August 10 Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Great Woods)

August 11 Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA (Great Woods)

August 12 Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ

A limited number of tickets are available directly through Phish Ticket's secure online ticketing system at http://www.phishtickets.rlc.net for an eight-day ordering period beginning Wednesday, April 21, at 12:01 PM EST and ending Wednesday morning, April 28, at 11:59 AM EST. Tickets go on sale to the public beginning the weekend of May 15. Full tour information can be found on the Phish web site at http://phish.com/tourdates

SPAC is about 8 hours from Toronto. Take the 401 to the US-Canada bridge in Gananoque.

The SPAC is a great venue. It's an amphitheatre with a huge balcony ( that's almost as big as the ground seats ). The lawn is quite steep, but has good acoustics.

I saw the TAB there a few summers ago and it was well worth the trip.

Finally! I don't think these dates look that bad.. Short tour but it comes as no surprise. The only thing missing for me (us) of course are some Canadian dates. I'll probably make it to SPAC for at least the first night, maybe both.. And then most definitely I'll be going to Vermont on Aug 14-15. woohoooo! Long time no Phish.

I'll see Phish again at some point, but unfortunately not on this tour. Haven't seen them yet since their return from the hiatus. I may have considered some of the June shows if there wasn't so much going on already that is close to home or that I'm already happily committed to ... Kimock, Scofield, Little Feat, Primus and the Adirondack Music Festival are 5 options that I can think of without thinking too hard.

Peace, Mark

Hey Cyberhippie, SPAC is around 7 to 8 hours from Toronto. I'll be talking to you soon to see if you want to go with me. I'll be going to SPAC and Vermont. I can't wait first I'll be seeing Trey Band, Trey with Dave Matthews & Friends, Vida Blue and JMP with Jon Fishman at Bonnaroo. Then the next weekend I'll be seeing Phish twice at SPAC.

6.5 hours from Ottawa to spac is right Freeker. I will be going and Andre will be as well. We might even use his car. Booking for seats start...NOW.

Count me in. I'd like a window seat, against the bulkhead, and I'll have the chicken kiev for my in-drive meal.

Or should I be asking for a ticket in the tapers' section?

Aloha,

Brad

Can't wait to hit that Great Woods run now that I have all of the local knowledge of shortcuts, cheap private parking and a great spot to hop the fence (not that I will, but I know someone who is ;))

Great Woods> VT Fest for me!!!!

If anyone is heading to Great Woods let me know, my bro lives a half hour from there and he is having a bbq for all of us the afternoon of the second show.

Sean