Jambands.ca

SURVIVOR 3!!!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

It's back! The most loved irregular feature on the Skank message board. A feature so powerful that it dominated the board as the top thread for two consecutive weeks. A concept so controversial that hippies were driven to conflict.

The previous two editions proved so successful that the critics were clamouring for more and now they will get it.

Witness the almighty presence of the previous editions:

But in this ever-evolving game, it's time to pick it up a notch. Survivor 3 will have a slight twist to it. In the past we focussed on musicians that carved their name in musical history with their mastery over their instrument. This time we will pit teams of two against each other. Behind every frontman there is a great guitarist. Blocking every guitarist is a great frontman. But sometimes the frontman and guitarist form such a powerful tandem that their combined presence are synonymous with the name of the band.

That will be the theme of this edition of All-Star Survivor.

Contestants are grouped in twos. However, it's the competitor with the highest amount of votes that will get eliminated, along with his partner!

Why am I doing it this way?

I have no idea! I guess I'm totally crazy.

Here are your competitors:

• Mick Jagger/ Kieth Richards (Rolling Stones)
  • Robert Plant/ Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
  • Axel Rose/ Slash (Guns 'n Roses)
  • Steven Tyler/ Joe Perry (Aerosmith)
  • Roger Daltrey/ Peter Townshend (The Who)
  • Brian Johnson/ Angus Young (AC/DC)

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not vote off Axl Rose and Slash this round as I'm going to be seeing VELVET REVOLVER this Friday at the Kool Haus, so I have been listening to a lot of G'N R lately.

I think I'm going to have vote off the AC/DC duo even though I grew up on the Brian Johnson era of AC/DC. Many of the of the great material by AC/DC was written and recorded with the original lead vocalist Bon Scott until his eventual death on February 20, 1980 after drinking himself to death.

Bon Scott was the vocalist on hits and albums like 'High Voltage', 'TNT', 'Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap', 'Let There Be Rock', and 'Highway To Hell'.

No other great songwriting team of lead vocalist and guitarist on this list has their material split as much as AC/DC's.

Dear Steven Tyler, Joe Perry

I would stay awake just to hear you leaving

Then I'd smile and start a sleeping

While you're got far away and swimming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender

I could stay lost in this moment forever

Where every moment spent away from you is a moment I treasure

You are first my vote guys

You're music makes me fall asleep

I won't miss you babe

No, I don't think I'd miss a thing

with crap,