We better stop, hey, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going down

Stop, hey, what's that sound

Stop, now, what's that sound

Stop, children, what's that sound

Everybody look what's going dow

Really? Did democracy really *fail* Americans?

Or are they simply currently less progressive and more conservative than we had hoped?

Well I guess that's the question isn't it... I guess time will tell. Let's see what Michael Moore has to say. I know one thing if for sure, it doesn't look good if polling booths in swing states were running out of ballets.

Really? Did democracy really *fail* Americans?

Or are they simply currently less progressive and more conservative than we had hoped?

Well I guess that's the question isn't it... I guess time will tell. Let's see what Michael Moore has to say. I know one thing if for sure, it doesn't look good if polling booths in swing states were running out of ballets.

agreed, although it's important to consider that they're saying last night had the largest voter turn-out since 1960.

the more important question - as far as a failure in democracy goes - would be, did they turn people away because of a lack of ballots? I've heard nothing of that sort so far and neither side is suggesting foul play at the booths (so far).

Nobodies even considering the possibility that onscreen voting was jimmied for a Bush victory? Maybe I'm grasping for strws here, but I really don't want to think that Americans are that stupid.

Exit polls and last minute projections were all Kerry, then the votes go blatantly Bush's way. He cheated.

Let's just hope he gives up the job in 2008 and Jeb doesn't run.

This is obviously really sad and dissapointing from my perspective.. but not all that surprising. a lot of americans really think they need bush to 'finish the job' in Iraq, and are trusting that he's brought them there with the goal and intent to leave things the right way. A lot of general populus Bush supporters are quite aware of their perception abroad, and think that he is in there for the right reasons and he is the only one who is going to fix the situation. I hope they're right.

ps- nice avatar choix!

Sadly Stapes there are also many Americans who you would never bet subscribe to the sh!t that Bush is pushing. At an American festival last year (in Vermont for christ sake) I spent 5 hours in intense debate with a bunch of "heady Bush suporters" ( I should add that not one person took my side) who thought that their health care system made perfect sense, sink or swim, and fu©k everyone dying in Africa.

Unfortunately its not just the redneck texans we'd like to think it is.

Sadly Stapes there are also many Americans who you would never bet subscribe to the sh!t that Bush is pushing. At an American festival last year (in Vermont for christ sake) I spent 5 hours in intense debate with a bunch of "heady Bush suporters" ( I should add that not one person took my side) who thought that their health care system made perfect sense, sink or swim, and fu©k everyone dying in Africa.

Unfortunately its not just the redneck texans we'd like to think it is.

If I ever end up in a conversation with an American who puts down Canada for "socialized medicine", I think my response will be something like, "You're absolutely right! I mean, if you socialize medicine, what's next? Socialized education? Socialized policing? Socialized firefighting? Socialized national defence? Gad, when will it stop?!?"

(If any of you should happen to end up in such a conversation, feel free to use that idea...)

I'd also mention a piece I saw on TV about how tens of billions of dollars (I think that was the figure) could be saved by the medical industry simply by having every insurance company use the same forms. They showed a clinic with a 2' x 4' desk unit with cubbyholes for all the forms they needed to deal with all the different insurance companies.

Aloha,

BRAD (Bush Rabidly Attacks Democracy)

I'm shocked around the office today at how may of my co-workers wanted Bush to win. I'm shocked because I thought they were somewhat like me and they certainly aren't stupid.

If the majority of the people in my office are Bush supporters then maybe the US is divided that way as well. So damn sad.

That is sad. Around my office, everyone is in sad disbelief about the results. I don't know how I'd react if people around here were celebrating Bush's victory

Hey Velvet - i was just meaning that at least half of americans are that stupid because they actually did vote for him - he couldnt have faked them. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if it comes out somehow that he rigged the rest.

i'm just pissed off - and seriously confused